Long long time,new boat

Tony hall

been forever since I?ve posted, lots of changes in life . This summer I picked up a $25 sunfish and went to town with the saw and grinder. Nothing as nice as Steve?s work but I?m super happy with how it turned out. Only got it on the water for a trial then one hunt but performed how I expected. Hopefully can get these pictures to work

Tony Hall
View attachment 8CBB1689-28B2-498F-BBC4-1ED381042E56.jpegView attachment 76F068C1-07F4-4F1E-96DC-83C9AFE77C3B.jpegView attachment AE226DA4-9CE4-4FAA-B2D1-C0AF4595B326.jpegView attachment C8C7D40F-B01C-4819-B7CD-DF9A42E3EBD5.jpeg

Good morning, Tony~

Very nice conversion!

What are you pushing it with (looks like a 15 ?) . She must fly!

All the best,

SJS

Tony, point of curiousity: Is there a three-four inch hull repair near the dagger board slot on that Alcort Sunfish hull?

Awesome my buddy bought 6 hulls over the summer used my flat bed trailer and when i got my trailer back he gave me one as a gift for letting him use it. I think this is a great use of one how does it run with the 15 did moving the motor forward help with the rocker in the hull?

Tony hall said:
been forever since I?ve posted, lots of changes in life . This summer I picked up a $25 sunfish and went to town with the saw and grinder. Nothing as nice as Steve?s work but I?m super happy with how it turned out. Only got it on the water for a trial then one hunt but performed how I expected. Hopefully can get these pictures to work

Tony Hall

Nice. Is that a drift boat I see in the background?

Thanks everyone. Steve it is a 15hp, yes it flies! Can only use like 1/4 throttle before she gets squirrelly. Have a 4hp and a buddy just said I can have a 6! I think the 6 will be perfect.

R, there wasn?t a noticeable repair. I didn?t get any of the actual sailing hardware.

Moving the engine forward was more to get weight forward, she still plows like crazy but can cruise pretty good w two guys and ended up taking a buddies 12 foam mag decoys and a dozen plastics. I?m going to add the preformed hull strakes/stiffeners next season . And possibly fair out some of the rocker, but need to figure out if I can do it lightly.

Yes that?s our clacka eddy, it was in the garage for the summer for easy use. She stays in a warehouse in winter.

Thanks again

Tony

Back