Looking for a couple of solid rivets

Charlie S and Titan

Hi All,

Does anyone here have solid aluminum rivets and might be willing to sell me one or two?

I've located some online (aircraft Spruce, but they seem to sell by the pound. I only need one, maybe two if I screw up the first one.

It is for my "new-to-me" boat. One rivet in the transom has the head sheared off. The hole doesn't go through, but I want to drill it out and replace it before it becomes a problem. I have access to both sides of the hull at that spot (in the bilge and on the outside of the transom) and should be able to buck the rivet.

If you do, could you drop me a line with what dimensions I would need to give you and the cost I'd appreciate it?

Thanks,
Charlie

What size? Length? Diameter? I've got several different sizes. Let me know what you need. If I've got what you need, I'll send some to you.
Lou

www.lockstockbarrell.com

Hi All,

Does anyone here have solid aluminum rivets and might be willing to sell me one or two?

I've located some online (aircraft Spruce, but they seem to sell by the pound. I only need one, maybe two if I screw up the first one.

It is for my "new-to-me" boat. One rivet in the transom has the head sheared off. The hole doesn't go through, but I want to drill it out and replace it before it becomes a problem. I have access to both sides of the hull at that spot (in the bilge and on the outside of the transom) and should be able to buck the rivet.

If you do, could you drop me a line with what dimensions I would need to give you and the cost I'd appreciate it?

Thanks,
Charlie

Lou,

Thanks!

I just measured the hole and it looks to be ~.20 inches in diameter. Where the rivet goes through, it joins two sheets of ~.10" material so the total thickness would be ~.20 +

I could drill it out to a larger size like .25" if that would work better for a common sized rivet.

Thanks,
Charlie

If Lou does not have what you need, I have some 1/4" x 1/2" and 1/4" x 3/4" brazier head solid alum. rivets and the rivet set for a zip gun if you need it...Mark

Last edited:
Charlie,
I'll check at the shop tomorrow and see what I have. I know I have 4 or 5 different sizes.
Talk with ya on Wed.
Lou

Lou,

Thanks!

I just measured the hole and it looks to be ~.20 inches in diameter. Where the rivet goes through, it joins two sheets of ~.10" material so the total thickness would be ~.20 +

I could drill it out to a larger size like .25" if that would work better for a common sized rivet.

Thanks,
Charlie

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the offers.

If one of you would be willing to send me one or two, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm definitely not picky, I just want to properly plug the rivet hole.

Just let me know in PM the going rate and how to get you my address.

Thanks!
Charlie

Charlie,
I have several thousand rivets here.
The one that will probably work has a shank diameter=0.25", shank length=0.55", with a head diameter=0.56".
Most of the others are 3/16" (0.18") shank diameter.
Let me know how many you want and your address. I'll send them to you.
Lou
duckguylsb@Juno.com

A-CBR-029 188.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sir. I sent my info in a PM.

I'll take Lou up on his offer since he has thousands. Mark and Eric, thank you both for offering too.

The DBHP comes through again. This place is the best.

Thanks all!!!

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,
Just put a bunch in a padded envelope for you and will mail it tomorrow.
Enjoy,
Lou

Thank you sir. I sent my info in a PM.

I'll take Lou up on his offer since he has thousands. Mark and Eric, thank you both for offering too.

The DBHP comes through again. This place is the best.

Thanks all!!!

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,
I dropped off a padded envelope at the post office for you....several rivets enclosed. It's going 1st class. Should be there in a couple days.
Enjoy.
Lou

Back