Matt Snyder - Lund serial numbers and windshield pictures

Charlie S and Titan

Matt,

You'll get a kick out of this - my new hull is only two digits different in the serial number than my old one!!! 210 and 212. Too funny.

Charlie

Last edited:
That is the same kind of attachment rig that my War Eagle has. Windshield is very similar as well.

For the archives...

The company that makes this windshield is Custom Mold and Tint Incorporated in Montecello AR.
http://customboatwindshields.com/66.html

They sell the windshields direct, but according to their site, they don't order by part number. Unless they keep some records about the fitment that they don't share on their website, it sounds like they need an original to get the design from. I do not need a replacement at this time, but if I ever do order one, I'll post here first so others can get in on the order.

They sell the mounting hardware too:
http://customboatwindshields.com/87.html

Charlie

tgentry,

Probably the same company that make the war eagle ones. Isn't Monticello the same place war eagles (and sea arks) are made?

According to their site, they make windshields for:
  • Tracker
  • Triton
  • Stratos/ Javelin
  • Champion
  • Skeeter
  • G3
  • Grady White
  • Explorer
  • Bayliner (see picture below)
  • Astro
  • Keywest
  • Sprint
  • Bass Cat
  • Charger
  • Duracraft
  • Lowe/ OMC/ Hydrasports
  • Sea Ark/ Mon Ark
  • Xpress
  • Alumacraft
  • Duracraft
  • War Eagle
  • Pro Craft
  • Fisher
  • Cajun
  • Pro Sports
  • Nautic Star
  • Hawk
I don't see Lund on there, so maybe this was aftermarket on my boat. It is on the original dealer invoice for the boat though...

Charlie:

Yes, Monticello is where War Eagle is made. Factory sites are pretty close to each other. I was at War Eagle last summer and saw the windshield place. Didn't know they made for all thos boats though. interesting - thanks for the info.

I wonder how close mine is... Bet it's not all that far off, since the Lund truck has to stop in Syracuse on its way to Boston or wherever...

That windshield is... as I expected. We had a bit of a breakage issue with that design on the 20... the way it wraps around the console makes it prone to bending over, then breaking, where it "bends" around the corner. (the newer Alaskans have a rounded "foot" on top of the console that makes for a much stronger piece)

You've seen the drawings of my pins-and-holes setup. I'm happy with it because it's simple and low-profile (good in a confined space), and very sturdy, but it's not real elegant to look at.

My cousin--after ordering 2 replacement Lundshields and breaking both--tried a different approach involving these:

http://www.tacomarine.com/cat--Take-Apart-Hinges--cat_take_apart_hinges.html'

and a flat piece of Lexan.

Windshield flips up for use, and stows under the console when not in use.

Or you could just not trailer the boat with the windshield on it... and not lean on the top of the thing when you're slinging decoys...

Matt,

Thanks, I have saved the drawings that you made for me a while ago, someplace. I like your design. The factory one is pretty to look at though.

I'm thinking I'll remove it for trailering and possibly just leave it off altogether during the fall.

Another Idea I had was to put one of those tubing rails around/over the top of it, not sure what they are called, maybe a "grab rail". I was on a Boston whaler that had a setup like that and it gave something to grab onto rather than the windshield. Doesn't seem like it would be costly or expensive to add.

Charlie

Charlie:

I found last season that I was grabing the windshield a lot while standing and was contemplating a grab rail as well. I know War Eagle has them for their larger consoles, but I haven't called to as about a smaller one. It would be an easy add-on (and another bracket to mount gadgets on). I'll let you know what i find from WE.

Back