My new dog

fred slyfield

Here is a shot of ZU-ZU my new German wirehair, Since dad is a young 85 this year and still wanting to pheasant hunt this season I elected to go with a started dog this time.

I got the year old female from Jeff Funke in Idaho 2 weeks ago, I was able to watch the dog work and point several birds before bringing her home. we have spent the last 14 days getting to know each other and just having some fun together .

Tonight I dropped a Eurasian dove that was flying over the pond and ZU-ZU made a great water retrieve on the bird.Looks like she is on her way to becoming a great hunting companion. She has also had some good points on quail and huns here by the house.

Great looking wirehair! Ugly dogs are taking over the site. :) Zu-Zu, love it.

I'm sure any dog Jeff Funke is selling as started is ready to hunt. If you don't mind me asking who are her parents?

Tim

What a perfect gift for your father! Zu-Zu is not only a great looker but now you have an ultimate retriever/companion in your household. Wonderful choice, Fred. Sounds as if you did your fair share of homework.
Al

Thanks guys , Tim the dam is Three Devil's Queen and the sire is Bone Points Magnus.

She is a real sweetheart and runs like a race horse!!

Hey Cuz! My pup shares the Grandsire Lager(Luke).
I bet she will be an impressive dog.

Tim

Hey Fred! Who knew that a little lady with a beard could be such a looker?

Lookin forward to seeing more pictures of her....especially in action....

It was awesome meeting ZuZu last week, kids gave her a thumbs up (Ryder -the littlest one wanted to bring her in the motorhome with us to Glacier) and she is pretty sharp looking hound. My kids think you live in small Cableas - they loved the place.
D-

Tim, She has all the signs of being a good dog

Dani she is a real princess and fun to run around with , Just gotta get to working her now that we have had a couple weeks to bond up.

Derek, Great to see all of you , hope you had a good trip and made it home with no issues , I really like your motor home!!

F

She looks great, I have a Jeff Funk wirehair, one of the funnest and brightest dogs I have had the opportunity to hunt and train.
enjoy

Back