NDR except I have been seeing a few migrating northward

Nice bunch of Fish there Dave. I've never caught a walleye, and I hear they are great table fare... Are they pretty oily? I wonder how they'd hold a smoke?

Nice bunch of Fish there Dave. I've never caught a walleye, and I hear they are great table fare... Are they pretty oily? I wonder how they'd hold a smoke?
Todd,
Not oily at all. I do think they might be good smoked although I never done that. They are good fried or baked in an oven. Amazing table fare, when grilled skin on, over a charcoal grill.

Looks like fun way to spend a few hours a day.

I went out turkey hunting this weekend. Sunday I got four bluegill. I Couldn't buy a freaking gobble all weekend. Sunday I was doing some scouting after an incredibly quiet morning and passed a dude fishing. He wasn't there when I came back by (only one way in and out) so I stopped to see if it might be a good choice for taking my niece fishing for the first time. Hanging out at the shoreline was four fish on a stringer. Dude left his bluegills! Finders keepers.....

I went out turkey hunting this weekend. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I Couldn't buy a freaking gobble all weekend.
Funny you should say that. Well, not funny for you. I haven't been back out scouting, but have noticed a lack of any gobbles heard while I've been early morning fishing. The temperatures went back to normal winter temps lately, which may account for both my reduced activity, as well as the turkey gobbling here in my neck of the woods. I do plan to get out Wednesday morning again with my camera. Snow predicted for Friday of this week.

Last edited:
Back