Need help finding Foredom part

Dave Liddell

Hey guys. A buddy of mine is selling me a Foredom Series R hang-up wormdrive drill. It has a manual dial speed control. Problem. It is missing the Buss fuse and the cap to hold the fuse in place/complete the circuit. The speed control console is model EMR-1 110v. I called the Foredom Corp. and they said they have nothing and can't help me. Checked most of the internet to no avail. Kinda bummed this Foredom is out of service for a lousy fuse cap! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried searching any electronics parts store and sites (such as radio shack) for a replacement? This has got to be a standard production part or can be replaced (the entire fuse assembly) by a standard production part.

Are you looking for just the cap? It may well be that this particular fuse holder is no longer made. It should be a simple procedure to replace the entire fuse holder assembly with a currently made fuse holder. Should be able to fit right up to the existing mounting hole. I can't believe Radio Shack would not be able to supply a fuse holder which will fit into the current location.

Yeah, just the cap itself. Radioshack had something close but wasnt the proper length. I guess im going to need to rig it if i cant find the cap.

Back