new to us duck boat

Shermie

A fella I know was unloading some of his gear and offered up a duck boat and trailer for free FREE wow! I couldnt believe it the only stipulation was it had to go to a father and daughter or son to fix up and use together....

Well last nite me and Mickey went and picked it up , she was bouncing she was so happy here is our fixer upper..
Newduckboat2012002.jpg

Newduckboat2012001.jpg

the fleet is growing much to my missus dislike of the use of our front lawn for the boat and trailer yard...lol

sherm...

Great find, Shermie.... and a neat gesture on the part of the guy who set the condition for ownership! How can a wife object to something that will see you share time with your kids.... a win / win.

Great find, Shermie.... and a neat gesture on the part of the guy who set the condition for ownership! How can a wife object to something that will see you share time with your kids.... a win / win.

I'm guessing you are not married Bob. Wive's can object to anything, anytime, for any reason. Logic does not live in the mind and soul of married women.

For all the married women who read this site, you know I'm kidding.

Mark W

That is a great find and an absolutely awesome deal! You will surely have some fantastic memories from the rebuild and eventual hunting from that nice little craft.

I am keeping my eye open for a rebuild project for my son and I. It is either that or a completely build of a BBII or BBIII. We are set on building something together.

May just have to start with one or two of those little hybrids.

Hey Shermie, thats a neat little boat. What do you know about it? Builder? Length, weight? I assume its glass?

John Bourbon

Hey Shermie,
Not only is that a good looking new project for you and your daughter but I had to comment on that great looking pile of wood in the background. Actually, I saw that first!
Al

You know Shermie when you have over so many boats you can get a fleet license and save some money. The Misses would to know that..At least thats the way it is in Wis. I think you need one or two more to qualify.

sure is a win shes realy intersted for the first time excited to be involved,she remebers the rebuild withthe barney....

It looks like glass bottom and a plastic type top ,previous owner may have added plywood to stiffen it up im not sure yet on all the particulars...i will keep you in the loop ....

Al, thats the left overs from all that huge 2 and 3 foot wide stuff i had.. your jealous ?? i probably get 2 wheelbarrows of stove wood per piece of the big ones ,but its braking my back....lol

Back