NJ youth hunt

Shawn Linn

Does anyone have knowledge of open water in the coastal zone for Saturday's youth hunt. I have a kid who would like to go, but I do not know if there is open water to hunt. Any reports would be helpful.

Most all the back bays are open......the smaller coves may be frozen, but any area with current is wide open...

Yea, I had been scouting some southern shore spots. Plenty of birds around. Too. Disappointed my daughter just broke her thumb, hunt cancelled.......

that really stinks, i feel her pain i lost half of my left thumb to a table saw. Really makes you realize how much you use that digit when it's immobilized.

Haven't been down to a lot of the usual places since the season went out, but all I know is that there was some pretty good ice flows in the Mullica this morning on my drive to school...should be plenty of open water out there somwhere though Im sure

my icy days usually start near inlets and end where the ice gets to dense to break easily, but in this case just looking for a good easy spot to get the young lad some shooting at a mixed bag without losing decoy strings in the ice flows.

Back