OMG! My boat had babies!!!!!!

Dani

Gold Sponsor
Belle and I were out front (me playing in the flower garden and she keeping all of my dragonflies well pointed) and I heard a Banty just going crazy! I put Belle in the house and went to see what the problem was. She REALLY didn't like me getting closer to the mud boat and was doing the broken wing thing so I stopped moving and started looking around. I could hear the peeping but wasn't seeing them. Then it occurred to me to look INSIDE the boat and there they were!!!!

i-6rL4B9L-X2.jpg

i-nGzgTcD-X2.jpg

i-gWSnVgL-X2.jpg

I collected their cute little selves and then released them to momma and off they went to forage through my woods.

i-nG52gVD-X2.jpg

I had found 10 initially but because one of those 10 was really good at hiding, I decided I should check the boat again later. Good thing I did cuz there was one more peeper left calling for momma. I collected his cute little self and walked him over to the neighbor (it is one of her chickens that was nesting in my boat).

Springtime is such fun....

PEEPS!!!

You should should have kept a couple, fresh eggs in about 10 months!

We had a hen that kept going broody back when we were in Mobile. I put 11 fertile eggs under her and she hatched them all.

EH......no need to keep them for myself....my neighbor gives me eggs all the time and her chickens also lay in my yard so she does all the work, I get the rewards [laugh]

The last two times I have gotten eggs, she has given me 36 eggs at a time....all fresh....my coworkers love me cuz I keep them in eggs as well....

That first shot is awesome. What is rhe lens you were using? It seems like a great place to hatch eggs.
Al

Back