one month!!!

Chris Finch

getting close to the wedding!

we are having a laid back country themed wedding at a local fairgrounds, with a pig roast, bonfire, and a bunch of beer!

we are pretty excited to finally tie the knot.

we are going to washington/oregon for our honey moon(checking it out for a move to see if we like it, but 107 days of duck, year round spearing and no income tax already got me sold).

we are going to stay in seattle for the first night and check out the big fish market, then to deceptionpass/whidbey island, then to the olympic peninsula/neah bay for a bit (going to do some hiking and diving to check it out), then down the coast to the big C, then into oregon for a bit and checking out inland areas.

i wish we had more time but she could only get a week.

still stoked to get out there!!

"she could only get a week..." She's already limiting your fun Chris. Get used to it. Of coarse I am only giving a single guy about to be married a little grief. You have to expect it. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

Most memorable reception I have ever attended was a pig roast/keggar. Friend of mine had a reception at his new in-laws place. They got married in Banff alongside a trout stream when the mood struck them and came back for the bash among family and friends. Funniest thing. He had a nice "kegerator" he built from an old fridge and made a nice dispensing handle on the outside. His Dad, a funny guy, put a list, with push buttons, on the outside of the fridge with all the popular higher end beers. Very professional looking. Some people actually thought they you could go up the kegerator, push a button for the beer of your choosing, and it would automatically be dispensed. All that was inside the fridge was a keg of PBR or Busch or some other beer that wasn't quite the Heineken, Michelob or MDG that was on the outside. Had to be there but it was fun to watch people be amazed that this small kegerator could dispense so many different wonderful beers.

I remember that reception to this day.

Mark W

Last edited:
Congrats Chris. Sounds like a very busy honeymoon, that itinerary will keep you behind the wheel driving. You could spend a week in any one of those locations. Also WA is the only state without income tax. Oregon has no sales tax and CA has both.

Congratulations, Chris!

I am sure you and your bride will have a fine time out on the Left Coast.

BTW: Susan and I got married 40+ years ago - after work one day in December - 2 below zero (Fahrenheit!) on a mountaintop overlooking Champlain.

More recently, a couple of my gunning partners tied the knot. Several of us arrived via canoe on the Batten Kill. I even managed a passable "Here comes the bride" on my Yentzen.....

All the best,

SJS

I know on the taxes. Ct is about the worst. If we moved to Washington and made the same amount, not having income tax would pay our mortgage.

She started a new job in November and already used a lot of time for the
Boston marathon, a week in the Dominican for a friends wedding and a trip to the vineyard.

I really want to see as much as possible. But I know I really need a month out there.

Sounds like fun, thats how Heather and I got married as well. Pig roast and kegs at the gun club after a small ceremony at Gillettes Castle.

Honey mooned a little farther south and west, but had already spent a summer in AK. If it werent for our families being CT based we'd be back out west somewhere in a heartbeat. Someday maybe.

fiancé
noun
a man who is engaged to be married Better known as a "husband in training"

And so it begins,,,,,, have a fine journey.

Last edited:
Congratulations Chris and Wife to be.

This October will be 35 wonderful years for my bride and I.

We got married on opening day. I went out and shot the most ducks I ever shot in one day, then on to the Church. (I do remember my Fiancé telling me the night before- if you don't show up, don't even call...)

While we didn't move to where we honeymooned, we have been going back several times every year since.

Good luck and most of all, enjoy every minute!

Jon

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

We will take plenty of pictures. It has been a really long time since I have been on vacation and I'm looking forward to doing a little relaxing.

I can't wait to see the mountains and the Pacific Ocean, I wish I had time to get out for a salmon or ground fish trip. Next time for sure.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Is there a stag party that me, Scott, Bill, Wendell, Pete, et al should be showing up to?

Jim, I'd be more interested in knowing when to show up to pick the bones clean. I love pork! Almost as much as shellfish and crustaceans.

Congrats Chris!

Congrats to you both. Don't get sucked into the West Coast because of the 107 day season or the lack of taxes.Seriously....what would you complain about then ????
LOL

Bob if I could get paid to complain I would have more money than Bill gates. Near Year round crabbing and massive amounts of public land to fart around on are top of the list too.

No stag I spent the winter working on a buddies old Starcraft and we got her pretty so we will just go out drink a few beers and chase some whisker pusses.

Aka channels cats, fisheries people have funny names for everything. Don't get me started on red breasted sunfish. I wonder who has a dirty mind on here?

I'm not big on the grand wedding thing. If I were in charge we would have a giant bonfire, many kegs, pig roast and no buttons on my shirt.

But marriage is a compromise so I will have buttons. Lol

Back