Our 4 legged partners photos

MY BOY TUCKER
023_20A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos guys.

This is Caly at 5 months.

1169673218_zmk93-XL.jpg

And her at 7 months on a cold January day. Next year will be her first "real" season, but she got some valuable experience this year and even saved me a few shots on crippled birds.

1166988842_xVqVU-XL.jpg

Last edited:
On a REAL Day in January

011za.jpg

015ee.jpg

Welsh, I don't know where you were hunting In NJ where there wasn't a spec of or snow or Ice In January

Welsh, I don't know where you were hunting In NJ where there wasn't a spec of or snow or Ice In January
Hehe...my little secret. That photo was actually taken last Thursday. There was some snow/ice on the marsh, but not in that particular spot. Up by the Raritan there was a lot of snow and ice on the marshes. Btw, nice cans.

Last edited:
Hehe...my little secret. That photo was actually taken last Thursday. There was some snow/ice on the marsh, but not in that particular spot. Up by the Raritan there was a lot of snow and ice on the marshes. Btw, nice cans.
Ok

Here's my dad and my hunting buddy Ozzie. He just turned four last week.

PC220054.jpg

PB220358.jpg

P1150163.jpg

And here's two great dogs that have since passed on, Dixie and Cruiser.

dixiecrusier.jpg

A couple from my collection...

"Old Dog"- Missy. 12 1/2 now and retired. In her younger days:
100_1093.jpg

One of her last retrieves a couple years ago. Nice Gadwall:
MissyMagee11-21-07.jpg

The "New Pup", Suzy:
Suzy1.jpg

Getting to know each other:
Suzy2.jpg

Finally, Friends!
Suzy3.jpg

First season:
5Suzyandducks11-14-09.jpg

Ouch! Blown cruciate ligament:
100_7235.jpg

First retrieve this season, after surgery recovery:
Photo0400.jpg

And my favorite of them all:
Suzy.jpg

Thanks!

Jon

My dog Jack has more than a few seasons under his belt and it is going to be too soon that he will be gone.

His first duck retrieve. A walk in spot where he chased down a cripple for me.

afternoonmallard.jpg

A couple more random pictures.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMGP0526.jpg

He is a little worse for the wear now but still enthusiastic as ever. He is a bit more content to spend a lot of his free time just lounging around the house. :>)

Ive got two labs, Earl and Widge. Earl is my duck dog and widge, because of a bad knee problem, has become my fishing dog. The first is a light hearted pic of widge from last night. This picture shows who he is to his core. Total softy for my little girl. And a great family dog

Widge
DSC02129.jpg

This next one is Earl and as gory as it may appear, it shows his hunters soul in my opinion. Prior to this picture he did one of his longest retrieves on a wounded bluebill. Like no ones business he came back to the boat, dropped the duck on the deck, shook off a bit, and posted back up on his spot. He wouldnt even look at me to take his picture. Most days he has more drive than me and I love it. He reminds me of an indian warrior with his war paint on. Earl is my once in a lifetime dog and best friend.

Earl
S3010690.jpg

The Sign of a truly good Dog,
112410_091000.jpg

112410_091100.jpg

She will not only retrieve your ducks, She will be your pillow when things get slow!

Found these on the Phone tonight thought they where kind of funny, the Wife had sent a tex asking how the hunting was I sent her these pictures back.

Here is Harli. I have only had her since Sept. She is a washed up field trial dog, that is more than I could have dreamed for! For her first year actually "hunting", she is doing great.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Phil, as much as I dislike snow, that second shot of your pup in the snow is really a winner. Thanks for posting it.
Al

Thanks for this idea, Gene.

This shot was taken two weeks ago.

IMG_1123.jpg

Chili on the last day of the season in "08".

01-27-08SuperK.jpg

P1016546.jpg

Chili realized that duck hunting season was over. Talk about being depressed. She was worse than me.
Al

Dayaftertheseasonclosed1.jpg

Last edited:
Back