photo bucket test

Dick Sargeant

Guys - been away for quite a while and am starting to get out again. Just used my old photo bucket account and it was Super Slow and I am not even sure if this image will make it. Just got my hands on a 7D mark II and hope to post some more in the coming months.
sarge

Yep it's working ! Amazing photo, looks like you were 10' away from them. The detail is outstanding.

Yep it's working ! Amazing photo, looks like you were 10' away from them. The detail is outstanding.
Hi Carl - Just picked up a 13 Ft Duranautic tin boat for fresh water fishing and am having fun figuring out how to set it up etc.....

Nice Shot! What distance? What lens?
Hi Phil - that image is cropped from a larger group and taken last spring with the 50D and 400 prime. The distance was about 60-75 feet, I think

Am hoping the 7D will give me a little more use with the 400 when light isn't perfect. At 5.6 it likes a lot of light.

I think the 7D is maybe 1 1/2 stops better and has, get this, 64 focus points..........more than enough rope !

sarge

yep... Never enough.... those shots on my post were with a 600f4 AF Nikon...

No crop

Last edited:
Good morning, Dick~

Spectacular! Glad you are back - I have missed your fine work.

All the best,

SJS
Hi Steve - I have always enjoyed my time with this great group and regret that my participation is not greater. I do need, however, to find a better way to share my images. I had not used my photo bucket account in some time and when I did last night, uploading an image was so slow as to be almost non functional. It looked as though my task of uploading my files was competing with a couple of advertising programs that now run on the site. I only used the site to get the option to copy and paste the HTML file over here. I imagine there are a number of other free hosting sites that I can use or maybe some of the post processing programs that I use from Canon or photoshop elements can allow the same process. As with many free things online, photo bucket may have decided to monetize for better service as I also saw an option to use photo bucket plus, for .99 - assume this charge is applied more than once for the service !
regards,
Dick

Good morning, Dick~

While my photo quality cannot touch yours ("starter level" 400D), I still use Photobucket for posting here on duckboats. I typically reduce my image sizes to 1000 pixel width - and that makes an enormous difference in upload times.

I noticed in an earlier post that Steve Sutton experiences loss of quality with Photobucket but I do not detect any substantive changes with mine.

All the best,

SJS

I use photobucket a lot and I have a lot of photos stored there. When using from home I have no issues but at work the anti virus software causes similar behaviour to what you describe. Just a thought.
Like Steve mentioned, I don't see a significant degradation of photos today although that was my experience a few years back.

Outstanding shot Dick!

I have noticed in the past week Photobucket has been acting wonky and has been down now and again for 'maintenance' so that might be part of the issue.

Photobucket was wierd last weekend... and has been slow for me too.

I only use PB for sharing on this site... There is no resolution loss for this purpose. I only print from my archieved problems.

Back