pontoon duck blind users?

Paul W

Thinking about jumping in the deep end and going for my 4th duck boat, the 4th being a pontoon duck blind - any tips from those of you have had them? size reccomendations and motor suggestions? Will be for hunting with kids and other hunts that call for lots of room. planning on hunting 3-5 on it.

i would build a center bench /box for seating and gunning. I have a 16fter with a 12 ft deck. The steering station is centered on mine . I find it hard to hide so I don't use it often

They are really not worth all the trouble it takes to hide and hunt from them.

Over the years we had three of them on our marsh lease and true they were comfy, stable and warm when the weather got cold they were also a huge waist of time trying to kill ducks out of it other then on opening weekend or the youth weekend before the main duck season day opening.

What we found was we did better with a 20x6 aluminum flat bottom with a Avery quick set blind on it and built up so it was as low as we could get it with us sitting on low seats mounted on the floor.

The problem hiding it wasn't so much because it sits so high it was because we couldn't break up the big box outline of the boat with blind.

Now I'm not saying don't do it just giving you some of our experience's

Back