Possible Move to Louisiana

Kristan

Have an interview in Monroe, LA...Has anybody been down in that area...

Regards,

Kristan

Aint never been there but darn there is a lot of water around there.
Bet the duck hunting is good.

Yes Carl there is alot of water around there...I looked into Monroe and the search stated that nearly 11% of the city limits is water...If you google the region there seems to be a lot a areas to hunt but I am sure it is extremely competitive in the region...

Bill...I do not know...I have an interview next week with Gardner-Denver...Heading down Thursday...Just was trying to get a feel of the area before I head down...Will have a rental car...Was just wanting to see about the area first...

I am not too sure about the hunting aspects of the region...It is Louisiana...Last stop for most waterfowl...And it is recognized in the state as the Sportsmans Paradise...

Regards,

Kristan

Kristan,
I was born and raised there. Wacha wanna know? Though it has been many years since leaving, still have family and friends there. Give a call or PM for whatever I can help with.

First off, I think Dutch Boersma is from somewhere in that general vicinity.

Second, you'd be about two and a half hours from me, +/-.

Hauser is over in Shreveport/Bossier, across the state from you.

Hunting can be good, bad, or indifferent...just like anywhere else. Lots of rice, some bayous, lakes, rivers, etc.

Sounds good Rick...That would be great...Could head up on weekend hunts into AR or vice versa...I am not certain on the job yet...I still have the third interview next week on Friday...I am flying down and will be there before noon on Thursday...I will then drive around looking at Monroe and the surrounding areas...

Kevin I will give you a pm...

Regards,

Kristan

Kristan,

There are plenty of duck hunting opportunities in the Monroe area. I have lived and hunted here most of my life.

There are state owned Wildlife management areas and Federal Wildlife Refuges that offer flooded timber. There is also a lot of agricultural property that is leased in the area.

I would be happy to provide a orientation of the area after your interview next friday. My office is near the airport and the Gardner Denver plant. If you are interested PM me and I will give you my cell number.

Good Luck,

Jay C.

Thanks Jay...

I am actually coming in on the Thursday and will open all day...My flight is actually in to Jackson, MS...Then a two hour drive over to Monroe...Do you have an opening on Thursday afternoon...

Go ahead and shoot me your cell an I will contact when I am in the area...

Regards,

Kristan

I think that would put you half way between me and Hauser...........how scary is that!!!
cross the river and your almost in my backyard ...... you know the door is always open.

Last edited:
Hey Jeff,

I will make sure to come-up and see you if the opportunity leans towards me taking the job...I was wondering about the Lake Jack Lee and duck hunting...It looks like it has tremendous potential to hunt on or near...I understand the northern end of the lake is reserve but is the rest open to hunting opportunities?

Regards,

Special K

never hunted there but it looks promising...
raymond Ms isn't that far from Monroe , ( couple of hours ?) got a few places we can go .

Just gimmie a shout if your going to be in the area .

flying into Jackson-Evers "INTERNATIONAL" airport ( there's no sarcasm font ) and then driving to Monroe on 20 west , he would pass right by me , so yes.

Jeff...

What about Ross Barnett Res...Are there any divers on that....I already have my eyes on Toledo Bend in the South West Portion of Louisiana...

Looks like if I move down there I am going to have to start carving a mixed rig...Of everything!

Regards,

Kristan

Nobody hunts divers here , sheese !
we need to talk before you go to the "RES" , there is an imaginary line that you can't hunt below , i can show ya :)

Kristan - "Yes" regarding your hunting question on the Ross Barnett. Lots of divers over there. I lived one street over from the res when I was co-oping in Jackson in 2004. Never seen so many buffleheads and bluebills in my life...

Jeff...

That is what I like to hear..."NOBODY HUNTS DIVERS HERE"...I'm sure there is a handful of die hards that I will stumble into down there...In fact after a few diver hunts you'll be hooked too... ;) It is like a liquid crack for the soul when a bird dive bombs the decoys a foot of the water from 300 yards out...Forget the quack....Go for the buuurrrr, burrr, burrr!

That is how I met Doc McCullough...I was starting my design company when I was working a night shift job to make ends meet at first with Dunn's Sporting Goods in Paducah...One of the guys working with me came up to me in the back and pulled me aside while I was setting a scope up for some gentleman...He took me aside and said "Hey can you go help this guy over by the decoys...He is talking crazy like you...He is asking about diver duck hunting this area...Hell, you are the only guy that I know in all of Western Kentucky that hunts those "SHxT" ducks religiously"...And then history was made...

Once you hunt the "Graybacks" you never go back!

Regards,

Kristan aka "Special K"

Kyle,

That gets my blood pumping just hearing that...Did you every hunt the lake when you were there?

Regards,

Kristan

Dangit Kyle !!! i said nobody hunts them !!! did you not hear me !!!! nobody ! ( shhhhh internet scouters )

it is funny to see the big rafts and hear everbody looking at them say , aw crap , no mallards , just sh*t birds.

sounds like a Duckboats diver hunt in the works !!!

Back