Questions about Bankes layout boats?

Thinking about purchasing new layout boat for next season.... Does anyone own a Bankes revolution or hercules layout boat??? How do they ride? tow? 30mph?? how is the profile and room inside? does anyone know a dealer in Michigan or Ohio. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks
Jesse

Go over to the Duck Hunters Refuge. They had someone post up a bunch of pics a while back. There were several comments about the boats. Might give you the info your looking for.

Tom.

Don't have any personal experience with the Revolution 2 man, but the Hercules I do. I've towed one at 34 MPH by the GPS. It's heavy, you'll need separate trailer for it. Very comfortable ride though. Get the cockpit cover for it so it doesn't take on water while towing. There is plenty of room inside, but it does have a little higher profile.

Jesse... contact "Steve K" on here. Steve King is a guide and owns East Coast Waterfowlers on Long Island, NY. He has a Banks 2 man and I just saw some photos on his biz facebook page of him towing the layout at high speed. www.eastcoastwaterfowlers.com

Have owned both for over 10 years. Great boats and great people to do business with. Have towed both boats over 40mph on pretty calm days. Never towed w/ covers, just put the splash curtains up, but I always towed tight to the tender. Biggest guy we ever had in either was probably 6'5" 250# and he became a big fan.

Weight is the only obstacle for some. They're more money than others but a couple minutes around or in one of their boats and you know where the extra money goes.

I wouldn't own anything else.

Back