Real Geese silo Stake puncher??

Wesley Bouchelle

Well with this year being a really cold season has any body either made a home made stake puncher that works well for the real geese style decoy stakes in frozen ground.
Thanks in advance

Real Geese markets one. It's a slide hammer punch with the blade made to the specs of the stake. I've had mine for a long time. Don't know if they still make it, but it's a must for late season hunting in fields long before this winter. :)

Just checked; Macks has them: http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-LIC250

Worth every penny; heavy duty, very well made, and will last forever.

Last edited:
Worth every penny; heavy duty, very well made, and will last forever.

Ahhhh Not really...
Welds crack all the time on the foot bar...Plus the shaft bends

We weld are our own up out of much heavier duty angle Iron and flat stock(for a 1/4 of the price)

Last edited:
Ahhhh Not really...
Welds crack all the time on the foot bar...Plus the shaft bends

We weld are our own up out of much heavier duty angle Iron and flat stock(for a 1/4 of the price)

What "foot bar" are you talking about??? It's a slide hammer and built like a tank. Afraid you must have it confused with a different model.
Probably the one that will do 60MPH and doesn't have any floatation in it. ;-) ;-)

Last edited:
Probably the one that will do 60MPH and doesn't have any floatation in it. ;-) ;-)

No idea what that is a reference to ???

But anyway, sorry I must have missed the link you posted....Never used the slide hammer designed only their initial T bar design..and I couldn't see myself paying 60 bucks to punch holes in the ground anyway....Especially not when I can fabricate one for under 10 bucks.....
Carry on....

I,m not giving up 60.00 to punch a hole

And this from someone who told us he owns seven duck boats ;-) ;-)
I'd imagine that duck and goose weighed per lb. against all the money we spend on trips, guns, shells, gas, gear, decoys, boats, trailers, trucks, and licenses easily works out to being the most expensive meat on the planet, anyway, so what's another 60?
But seriously; its a pretty small investment considering how long you'll have it and the quality of the build. If you're making your own, great. I'm just pointing you to something that works well, and is actually a convenient tool made for the job that was asked about. Plus the battery will never run out on you at 5 below.

Yep you're right Bob...can't believe I've gotten by with out one for so long ...I just ordered 2 to be safe.... I also ordered a $200 anchor even though my $25 one has done the job...you make a great point all the ducks and geese I shoot Are so expensive(boats decoys gas tolls registration vet bills dog food dog training ammunition clothes waders wear and tear on my truck lodging my mortgage taxes....)..I should spend more money and replace something with a more expensive item that does the same job that the lesser expensive item does....

David, why don't you just stay on New Jersey Hunter and bitch at everybody else that doesn't do everything the same way you do instead of coming onto this forum where there is a group of great people that give good input of different things, not everybody has the same thoughts for what is best. But all I was just asking what everybody else was using, not for this to turn into a battle about buying a stake hole puncher or making your own ............and if yours is so great why don't you post a picture of it so somebody else could make one like yours and I must of also missed the pictures of all the great sunrises you saw this duck season in your other posts you made on here.....

Thanks for the input Bob about the stake puncher that works for you!

David, why don't you just stay on New Jersey Hunter and bitch at everybody else that doesn't do everything the same way you do instead of coming onto this forum where there is a group of great people that give good input of different things, not everybody has the same thoughts for what is best. But all I was just asking what everybody else was using, not for this to turn into a battle about buying a stake hole puncher or making your own ............and if yours is so great why don't you post a picture of it so somebody else could make one like yours and I must of also missed the pictures of all the great sunrises you saw this duck season in your other posts you made on here.....

Thanks for the input Bob about the stake puncher that works for you!
Wes shut up don't waste your energy.

A 5#mall bought at the flea market fo $2.oo bucks and a home made "T" bar made of aluminum 1/2 inch stock rod with the"T"welded on works fine the "T" handle makes it easy to pull out .Cheaper than paying $6o.oo bucks for the slide bar from Mac' prairie wings.PS I also spray painted the hammer and t-bar flureosent orange so I don't loose it in the stubble fields.

i had the misfortune of that happening to us i rooted around in my truck came up with a straight claw 20 oz framing hammer it did the trick i left it in the truck for rest of season....

Back