Rollover boat ride

Brad Wainscott

With not a lot of birds in the area, no wind, and a nice day I was invited to go my friends rollover boat. This was only my second time, but I think I shot better today than the first. Really like the change of pace and seeing what's out there as well as finding things along the river (decoys, anchors, deer, etc)

Brad~

Great photos - looks like quite an adventure. I had never heard of a rollover until they were mentioned on this site last year. Is there a good source for info about their history? I'd love to see more photos of the vessel itself.

All the best,

SJS

Steve, I'll get some info and take some pictures of one of his as he has 3. I'll get you some pics next time I'm down there. It's quite a ride.

You're welcome Steve. I'd never heard of it before. Pretty interesting the different techniques used to chase waterfowl. Love the history.

the upland hunters here may have read a book entitled "The Upland Shooting Life" but George Bird Evans. Although primarily about grouse and woodcock, he does have a chapter on friends who hunt.

One of those stories is about a rollover hunt on the Susquehanna. Sounded like a fascinating way to hunt.

thanks for the story

Back