September - What on your workbench?

Thanks Chad, you don't have to twist my arm about that! Never hunted out of a layout. I'll try and carve a few divers to gun over.

Good stuff again. Embacher Diver-Rig is very impressive.

I got some anti-OCD Dekes to post up since Sanford brought it up. Post em tomorrow.

Ice runner project completed with a fresh coat of paint top to bottom. Dreading pulling salt hay to redo my decoy racks but I'll probably give in eventually.

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Craig~

Really beautiful boat!

I like your bow chock on the trailer, too.

On the other hand - judging from that drake Mallard - I think you might need bigger decoys....

All the best,

SJS

Ha ha thanks Steve. I don't think those decoys would work too well!

I also have some aluminum half round screwed to the bow of the boat to protect it from the bow chock, has worked quite well over the years.

Brandon et al~

Here is a pair of cork (white cork) Broadbill that just arrived in the Mississippi Flyway.

This photo was taken during their sea trials - on Lake Champlain.

Pair3BESTcontrast-small_zps2fab3d72.jpg

After seeing them on the water, I "fixed" the back paint on both birds.

The Drake needed the back to darken more as it approached the tertials - and the Hen needed some Grey on her back.

Broadbill-CorkDrake3SMALL_zpsaef11848.jpg

You can see I am from the Stippling School of vermiculation.

SMALL_zps8dcdabfb.jpg

Carving a sleeper is always fun - a sleeping duck being one of the most elegant forms in nature - in my opinion.

Broadbill-CorkHen4SMALL_zpsa620d470.jpg

All the best,

SJS

Steve awesome birds!!! Pete and i will start painting our broad bills this week i loved workin with your pattern and already carved a hen head and will start the body soon.

Those are beautiful Steve!
Here's two really simple teal that I just finished and rigged up. Not a very detailed paint scheme but I figure they will look natural on the water
00C40FAE-F233-4BE9-AEB8-B3FAF33F765A_zpsqfwlkhag.jpg

great pair of bills.

little set of the last mallards I will carve in 2014. One is a donation bird to The Federation of Exceptional Warriors. It will be gifted by them to someone who donates a duck hunt.

Two to Searcy Arkansas to probably ride the pine and the last to SW Mo to a life long hunting/fishing buddy of mine.

4mall_zps44c5f24c.jpg
[/URL]

Steve - Thank you for sharing these. They are already rigged and get branded tomorrow night. They will grace the Delta Marsh and I know, represent the Atlantic Flyway well. You are a gifted carver. I appreciate you sharing your gifts... Pat

Last edited:
Sean, that Wood Duck is something special. Awesome! The other two carvings aren't bad either.

Tim

Back