September Workbench

one hell of a habitat you carved for that nice wood duck

Yes, that would be the whats left of my huge white pine that fell on my nieghbors garage. That call kinda ruined happy hour that Friday afternoon.

Kevin~

I post my photos here - both regular posts and PMs - using Photobucket. I started an account (free) last winter. I just Upload pics from my hard drive when I need them. Once they are in your Photobucket Library, just select View Library or Recent Uploads. Double click on the one you want. It will enlarge, then right click. Select Copy Image. Then it's a simple Paste into your duckboats.net message.

Hope this helps,

SJS

th_untitled2_zps36c8f495.png
woodies

A pair recently finished...solid wood, brass screws, "bottom boards" glued with thickened epoxy, sealed in spar...

null_zpsc13aa502.jpg

You can see a couple of plastic impostures on either side, but "Life's too short to sit on plastic lawn furniture"

Bill - The head is supposed to look like a seperate piece, to make it look more decoy like. I created the effect before I attached the head, but now it is permanently fastened with glue and dowel like my usual decoys.

While I respect the ultra realistic decoys some carvers can pull off, I like decoys that look like decoys...if you follow me. That is a really neat idea!

I scrambled to get these finished and painted before my Canada trip a few weeks ago along with a few others. I'll save the others for next month's thread. I was inspired by the posture of some of John Schweikart's decoys when Pauly and I laid out the pattern. They are cedar with pine heads painted completely with rustoleum;-) The strap weights that I tacked to the bottom of the keels were once used by my dad on Saginaw Bay, which I think is a lot of fun. I plan to complete 4 more for the rig in the next few months.

101_6934_zps80d0b472.jpg

First float on Canadian waters.
2013-09-16Manitoba055_zpscf0f194e.jpg

Andrew~

That picture of your bird on the water is fabulous - truly the mark of a fine gunner. Many happy hunts over them!

SJS

Back