Sleeper Can...Final Version

Tom Rowe

Im done messing with this thing. I tried to employ the suggestions many of you made a few months back. It's much better than the earlier version...thanks for the help. It aint perfect but I like it enough to call it done and start building the mold.

Short of a "come hither" sign for it to hold up, I don't know what else you need to add. VERY well done!

Now, about that body in the background...

You got it Dave! Setting 100 pairs of glass eyes adds a lot of time so the eyes on this guy are shut tight.

RL, as you can see my work area resembles an explosive ordinance impact area. The decoy body that landed on the back of my bench is a new redhead pattern that I've been working on. The other body is a goldeneye that I just cut out.

I make 1 mold for each decoy. I usually get about 100 blanks or so before the mold starts to break down.

Tom,
Just set a date I would love to come up and hunt with you guys. I know Mike is making a Can and I have one that needs paint, so we can add to your the rig.
Pete

Tom, I admire your work. I am an avid diver Hunter on the Columbia River in Oregon. Your picture of your birds all flocked on the floor, ready for the season is mouth watering. I would love to have a few of your birds. Is there any chance you would consider selling any, either finished or unfinished. I would love to learn how to flock like that. Best, Don

Back