Some first split pics

Craig F

Somewhat of a slow start to the season here in NJ (at least for me). Coming off a long summer of tuna fishing I didn't even get my sneakbox ready until a few days before the opener and put off pulling salt hay for as long as possible. The warm weather we have been having has shown a distinct lack of big ducks compared to last season's first split (again at least for me).

Got out a few times for some wood ducks in the north and then some teal and black ducks in the south. Bluebird days on the southern salt marshes makes for nice photos though.

Looking forward for the quick three day first coastal split this weekend and then the wait until everything opens again later in November.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0063_2.jpg

DSC_0143_1.jpg

DSC_0105_1.jpg

DSC_0093_1.jpg

DSC_0120_1.jpg

DSC_0172_1.jpg

Craig-

Great pics as always. I am sure you have answered thisalready, but do you mind sharing what camera and lens you are using?

Thanks

Chad A

Nothing super special as far as the camera is concerned, it's a Nikon D3200 with a 16-300mm lens. I'm trying to get better at the still shot game after focusing on video so much.

That being said I'm still shooting video!

Screenshot2015-10-24-14h06m39s99.jpg

Good morning, Craig~

I always enjoy your posts - makes me feel like I'm back in the salt marsh.

Best of luck in your second half.

SJS

Craig how many times you sitting in the box on a bluebird day thinking I should have gone tuna fishing. They called the weather wrong.

Phil

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Craig how many times you sitting in the box on a bluebird day thinking I should have gone tuna fishing. They called the weather wrong.
[/font]
It's hard to switch gears early in the season that's for sure Phil. Thankfully the weather hasn't been great for well over a month now for offshore so the Regulator is just about winterized. I did get to spend a long weekend on Cape Cod chasing bluefin on topwater so that was my last tuna excitement.

Back