Some more of da moose...

Jon Zuccolo

Well, I'm getting a bit anxious for some birds, and I just thought Id put up some pics of my pup, Moose. He won't be hunting this year, but definitely we'll giver a go next year.

He's been a bit of a demon sometimes, but he's coming around and seems to have a lot of natural hunting instinct (which is a good thing, cause one of us needs to know what to do ;) )

Getting ready for some square dancing:

After some square dancing:

Thats fireweed, not MJ

His first bird caught on camera

Moose, did you take a corn cob out of the fire pit?

Da Moose is loose!

Last edited:
That third picture, I don't know what you call it but he looks pretty mellow....hehehe, some Doritos please? Good looking pup.

COOL! Looks like Da Moose is turning out to be a great pup for you. He looks intent on the bird.
He was probably just using that brillo pad beard to clean out the fire pit. I love the looks of bearded dogs. :)

Tim

Well, Jon, there is no doubt that Moose will be giving you all the enjoyment you will be able to handle. What a great looking pup. Good luck with your continued training program. Thanks for the pictures. How old is he now?
Al

great stuff Moose yer getting dad trained prety good.....the term the Moose is Loose is heard often over here Jon as the home town Hockey club the Mooseheads fans yell it alot at games....

Ill be meeting Moose real soon when i get over there i ll give ya a shout...
Sherm...

Joe, get him in the grouse woods this year and get some birds under his nose. Even if you don't shoot over Moose, getting bird exposure early on will reap wonderful rewards for next year. I would love to hunt PEI. I have a freind who has a cabin up there and she hunts the area a lot with her three GSPs. Wonderful place.

Enjoy the pup.

Nate

Neat looking pup! I got a new German Wirehaired pup a few weeks ago and have been busy training her. She is really surprising me how well she is doing. Sitting, healing, fetching dummies and live pigeon, and even starting to respond to hand directions. The biggest challenge is working past all the puppiness and attention deficit disorder. But I can tell little by little as she gets older this challenge gets better and better.

Yes, my pup also has attention problems and a real stubborn streak, but its so nice having a dog around. Even the wife is really happy with him.

He has already found a "wild" bird... one of the 9 that escaped my pen a few weeks back, and had it on point before I ever knew what had happened. I was a real proud pappa :)

Tom,
I'm starting to doubt there really is a wirehair pup. Yep no pictures then it doesn't exist. :) I think it is in the internet forum protocol rules somewhere that you can't just mention a pup a couple times and not post a picture. I need a wirehair pup photo so bad.

Tim

If you have woodcock up there (which I bet you do), those are wonderful birds to start a pup on. They have a strong smell, are easy to track, and will usually hold tight to the ground with a good flush. Start using a toy cap pistol for those bird walks so he attributes the flusing bird with the sound of the cap gun, and heap on the praise.

The year ahead is going to be super fun!

Nate

Back