Spring duck season!

Steve - Is there really any other duck? You've heard of mallard snobs? Well, there is a growing group of underground "Scaup Snobs". There are many on this forum. You know who you are...
Our greenheads have blue bills... Pat

David

I have always enjoyed your photos. Please make sure you keep us on your list for regular postings. I assure you, that you have as appreciative of an audience here, as you will find anywhere.

Last edited:
Steve - Is there really any other duck? You've heard of mallard snobs? Well, there is a growing group of underground "Scaup Snobs". There are many on this forum. You know who you are...
Our greenheads have blue bills... Pat
Hi, my name is Phil and I'm a Broadbill Snob.
Phil

I adore Scaup.....my first duck was a pretty little drake Lesser shot out of a surplus Navy one man life raft, (that had as much trouble holding air as a Super Model has holding down a lunch).....they've been a favorite ever since...I tell the story everytime I pass over the bridge under which it happened....Dani's heard it so often that she plugs her ears and does the "blah blah blah blah" until I'm done.......silly children........

And I appreciate seeing so many others appreciate them on this site.....a refreshing change from many people on a Florida hunting site that revile them to the point of calling them "shoes".....or the ones that barely tolerate them yet whine that "it's too bad you can only shoot two".....always makes me wonder why you don't hear the same "whines" about Pintails, or Florida Mallards, or Black Ducks.....or any of the other ducks that can't be shot in equal numbers as the total limit......

So, glad to be with, and included in, the company of other SCAUP LOVER's......

Steve

After trying my hand in the spring season yesterday I must say I am very impressed with your work David. These shots are incredible. Thanks for sharing and please do keep it up.

Back