The start of a Texas 2012 Bluewing Teal Rig

Kristan

View attachment Blue Wing Teals Texas 2012_9_1.jpg

Here are my first two birds for 2012. The head on the bird on the left was carved in 2009. I tried to put a lot of features in the bill and ended up a nightmare. Thanks for wood filler. Thanks for all the private message to those whom responded on head color.

Happy Hunting this season and be safe in your pursuits.

Regards,
Kristan
[inline]

Last edited:
Well I finally figured it out. Google Chrome does not allow the use of editor mode. Had to go back to my basic Microsoft link. Hope all enjoy!

Regards,
Kristan

I like your prior basswood creations as well. Your ringneck still sits in a prominent spot in the man room. We miss you here in Kentucky. Hope you're well.

Those will work!
Have fun in teal season, just watch out for the mottled ducks.

I'll just bet that every moment that you had free this year, you have spent your time scouting/looking for places to hunt. Good luck this year, Kristan. With a rig like you are making I'm sure the teal don't stand a chance.
Al

Actually Al...

You are not far from the truth...The scout trips started out like, Hey baby how about we travel somewhere to the coast this weekend...For some reason the Garmin has the wrong directions we have to turn down this dirt road in this game reserve to get directions...

Thanks for all the response!

Regards,
Kristan

Back