Tom Schlberg Update - 1/15/19

Mark W

Latest from Caring Bridge -

"Tom is receiving platelets at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. His count did go up a bit over the weekend.

Please feel free to contact Tom & Deb; and visits are welcome. He may be extra tired on Platelet days; but they do enjoy and appreciate the support of friends and family. We continue to hold on to hope and take life one day at a time. Please continue those prayers for strength and healing - Much appreciated!! God is good, and he will help us through this journey. God Bless!"

I know many have tried to text Tom including myself. I have not received any text message in return but have been in touch with Tom's Sister Barb. Here is what she wrote back the other day.

"Hi Mark. Just thought I?d update you a bit.

Tom goes to Methodist Hospital?s Cancer Wing for platelets every Mon., Wed., and Fri. He is tired these days, but they both are very open to visitors at their home. They really enjoy the company.👍

Weekends, Tues. & Thurs. are probably best. And apologies if Tom hasn?t responded to his texts. I guess he?s got quite a few to reply to. So, if you really want to talk to him, try calling. Please pass this on to other friends. I think friends boosting his spirit is truly a beneficial part of getting through this and hopefully getting stronger again. We can only hope and pray. Thanks again."

So my advice is to give Tom a call. Ask about how his kids (dogs) are doing or ask about his black powder shotguns. He'll talk your ears off.

Mark

I just talked to Tom. He sounded chipper and in good spirits as ever! (When doesn't he?) He was a little fuzzy from the meds/chemo.. I had my days wrong... I was think it was Thursday today. But he sounded good. As always... Very optimistic.

Back