Urn decoy

Shawn Linn

Looking for a tribute decoy for my lab Huck. Would like a black duck cedar working decoy that I can put some of his ashes in. I do plan on using this decoy so durability is a necessity. Does anyone have a source?

Can't imagine anyone doing a better job than Bob Furia on a urn decoy. He did a Wigeon urn decoy for my Gunner. The craftsmanship and attention to detail was amazing.

Best
Bob

I have tribute decoys carved by each of the above carvers and you will not go wrong with either I could not have been happier.

Steve, Bob, and Joe thanks for the information I will let you know what I decide after talking with them

Usually the ashes will be quite heavy and more than what decoy makers would want to put inside a bird. I'd suggest a portion of the ashes be used for the decoy and the rest preserved or spread in the marsh, etc. for your tribute.

A decoy urn I made with all the ashes upon request, was quite heavy and not really an ideal gunning bird in my opinion. I doubt it has been used very often because of the weight, even though it was sealed and floated properly.

My .02 cents even though it wasn't your question. Both guys mentioned I think would do a great job.

Bob do you have any contact information for Bob Furia? Love your quote be the way

Thanks, lots of comments on my quote.LOL
Sorry for your loss

Bob email rfuria@fuse.net

Last edited:
sorry to butt, but i make hunting urns.. The key is to put about a snuff can' worth of the remains in, along with license tags, and any other memorabilia. My last lab now rests in two decoys, a gadwall, the predominant duck we hunted on our marsh, and a canada, the last bird he retrieved before retirement.
His predecessor has been in a widgeon thet we have used the past 11 years.
Contact me at
gwdecoys@verizon.net
I will be glad to send you pictures.
Regards

I just made a final resting place for a friends lab. The ashes were very heavy but he wanted to hunt with all of Thunder so I made a pair of black ducks for him. They are still quite heavy but should sit just fine in the water, maybe a tad lower...........

Back