Well... I did it... DOG LAYOUT

After a fitting...I decided to make the cockpit 4" longer for Kodi.

I took a little too much off, I will be adding a little spray foam to those spots, and reshaping...

Good morning, Phil~

My only concern would be Dunkin' Donut's patent attorneys.....especially if your camo scheme will include parti-color sprinkles......

Neat idea!

SJS

Looks like Kodi is warming up to the idea. I think he is going to like it. I know my CBR is not a fan of being in the tender or on the bank 100 yards plus from the action. He has swam out to the layout a couple times and tried to invite himself in!

Dani, I was aferd that you would get you heart in a flutter over those pics....

The size of Kodi's layout is 4x5. There will be steps on it. It will also be tethered to mine. The 4x10' layout is not even slightly unstable for a 200# man to climb in to it out of 4' of water. I am speculating the sa me to be true for Kodi. we will test it this summer.

Dont let the fact that we can climb into layouts fool you, We are able to counter balance the craft while climbing in. and the boats weight 100lbs on average. That is alot more than your dog boats going to weigh. If you try doing that on the short side of your layout your falling off or flipping it side ways. The UFO we cant flip but it will roll up high enough to throw us right back in the drink. and its 62" wide. wider than the full length of your model.

A dog will be placing all his weight directly on to the edge of the boat without being able to counter balance it and his weight. Alot will depend on the size and weight of your dog. But if your dog is double the weight of the boat which I suspect will be the case your in for some fun. Adding ballast weight to the opposite side or simply making sure the boat is atleast the weight of the dog will help matters.

Cant wait to see the tests results hope you get it all dialed in.

Cant wait to see the test results.

Did you give up on the "duckboats.net" interstate transport layout?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't given up... looking for a lighter method... and that can be for hunter #2

Last edited:
I think the solution is to have Kodi jump into my layout shake off and drain, then crawl over me to get in his layout,nice and dry

Last edited:
That I do Boz!

Tomorrow Kodi goes in for surgery to remove a HUGE fatty lump in his chest. Our vet (and friend) says it will be very easy and Kodi will be home tomorrow night.

lPhil
Sorry to hear about Kodi. Friends of mine with that same breed of dogs have had similar problems and did wwll after removal.
wis boz

Glad to hear all went well, he'll be back to normal in no time. Sometimes I think we take better care of our dogs than we do ourselves. Booker says "Don't be a baby"

Back