What a Special Thanksgiving

Eric Flones

This was a wonderful day spent with my family. I had to stick around the house until I got the turkey in the oven. Once that was in my son was ready for his first real hunt! We had only a couple of hours, but I knew that would be enough for him. It was only 15 degrees out! We got set up and only had to wait about 15 minutes and the birds started to fly. The first bird that flew over us was Drake Can! Luckily I didn't miss! My son was excited and so was I, being that it was my first ever. The next to birds were a pair of Redheads. I was able to connect on them, also a first for me. After about 45 minutes, son was getting cold and I just had the best hunt of my life! We headed for the house, with a big taxidermy bill! Definitely the best Thanksgiving ever.

057.jpg

061.jpg

Eric, sounds like a pretty darn good day to me!! Congrats on the Can, that is the best bird you will ever eat! That is totally awesome being able to share all of that with your son, you are blessed!

Congrats Eric! Those birds are definitely special and to be able to share the moment with your son is something you will probably never forget! Congrats!

Zach

That was indeed a wonderful hunt. Much to be thankful for. You have yourself quite a trooper there if he was able to stay outside for that short while with the temps so cold. Congrats on the can and redheads.
Al

Looks like a great hunt with the kiddo. Congrats on the King too

Last edited:
Eric,
that first picture is just Awesome. That is what a real smile looks like.

Way to go.

Would like to have seen the smile on the other side of the camera. Bet it was as big as the one pictured.

Awesome hunt! Your son looks like he's having a great time.

Two new species (drakes) in 45 minutes, what a bonus!

Great story. Cherish that look on his face. It doesn't take long for them to grow up. And your dog likes the camera as well I see...;-)

Take care.

Ed L.

Back