What was lost is FOUND!!!!

Tom Modin

While I was at work Saturday morning my dog ran off. I am sure I will never hear the whole story or the reason but it is probably close to the usual story of not paying attention to them and he did not show up at the back door ten minutes later when they remembered. Have been burning up the roads, called the vet, looked at the local pound and walked a bunch looking for him. Girls took his collar off a couple weeks ago and put it on the other dog for a joke so he has no identification. hopefully someone takes him to a vet since he is chipped. The way I feel right now if I don't get him back I will never buy another hunting dog. Am about sick that I cannot find him. Wife and kids are going to make signs tomorrow and get them up and put an add in the local paper. Bad thing is he may only have one master but he is a friend to anyone. dog will jump in a vehicle or go into somebodies house and lay down like he owns it and be somewhat content. Put an add onto Craigslist. I have Tuesday off and plan on knocking on doors, put my feelers out tonight driving around since it was nice folks were out and I talked to a bunch of people but no luck.

P1030058.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck and keep the faith. I have lost my labs for days on end only to finally get a call they are at some nice folks camp a couple lakes away. Being spring there is always something that smells good in the breeze and they are gone. I hope you find him.

Tom, You are in my thoughts and prayers. The very best of luck on your search. Everyone here understands the connection we have to our 4 legged partners.

Sorry to hear it Tom, not much I can say other than pound the pavement and wait. Good to hear that he is chipped.

Tom sorry to hear such news. But keep your hopes up. Sometimes such a socially adept dog will win a perfect stranger over, who in turn will recognise such a well kept animal and in turn look for the owners. Besides posters/flyers and local ad, use the web. If your kids are on facebook or their schools have a blog site, use them! The word will spread like wildfire and you can posts photos as well.
Best of luck.
Paul

Tom,

That's a sinking feeling when they don't turn up right away. Be sure to check with the local dog warden if there is one in your area.
Hope this all ends well.

I pray you find him Tom. Don't give up hope. My neighbors dog just ran off recently and was missing for over a week, they had signs everywhere, local fast food joints, etc. Someone found him and returned him.

Tom,

if there is a sporting goods store in town, make sure you get a flyer in there. Even though there is a lab in every backyard, people still associate them with hunting. Hunters are probably the most likely to stop and take one in out of the goodness of their heart, and since we are a tight knit group, word gets around.

Tom,
we will all be thinking of you and your search. I hope you find him soon. I cant imagine the feeling of loosing one and not getting him back.
We have had a few down the street trips but all turned out to be just over the hill.

Back