Who is going to Strongsville this year. March 12 and 13 2016

Brandon Yuchasz

I wont have anything to enter into the pool or much to show off but that's the point. I need to go get re energized and inspired. Light the fire and start carving and painting again so I plan to attend this year.

Who else is going?

Here is the site and the dates for anyone wondering.

https://www.odcca.net/show-info.html

My lovely wife and I will be there all day Saturday, Saturday night and all day s Scrunday. Already have our hotel room reserved. I don't have anything carved nor will I enter any contests. I just like to hobknob with all of the experts in either physical talent or oral gab.

Been going enough that my wife has made a few friends too.

Jon

Last edited:
Anne and I will be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday and still around for Breakfast on Monday morning. We'll have 4 spaces in the ballroom...come and see us some time.
If there's anything specifically that you want brought the show, let me know so we can be sure to have it with us. We also just bought a 14' enclosed trailer to make it easier to haul stuff to the show...pic to follow.
Lou
www.lockstockbarrell.com
duckguylsb@juno.com

Yup! I will be there for sure. I am sure there are many that have longer streaks than myself, but this will be my 16th in a row and 18th or 19th total.

Be there with a couple of friends and my boy. I have always tried to talk the wife into going, but she says she sees and hears enough about ducks from September thru January. She just hasn't realized yet, this is a 12 month addiction.

I will be there Thursday thru Sunday. I will not have a booth in the ballroom, but if you are looking to purchase a Branding Iron, catch me and we can talk about it.

I'm tentatively planning on it. I have to be in Pittsburgh the week after so its not too long of a drive.

Edited to set correct weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on going and hopefully my roommate Mike F., have to give him a call. Always look forward to the show. Now I just have to get some decoys finished.
Pete

My wife and I will be there. Will be some good items in the auction Saturday afternoon. There will also be a tribute to Ky Kraus, Jim Schmiedlin and James Wilson who all passed this year. The auction was ky's baby he had raised a lot of money for the club over the years.
Ken

If I bring any decoys with me it'll be because I got a fire lit sometime soon-- that didn't stop me from booking the trip though. Looking forward to it.

New member on the duckboats forum, and this will be my third year at Strongsville. I have only carved eight cork Bluebills, and made four doz. Homer foam decoys with carved heads. I was coating decoys in the drive way when a young boy stopped to see what I was doing and started helping me, now he is working on a cork decoy, to enter in the youth class. Jayvin is 13, ties dry flies, and helps me train my retriever for AKC. hunt tests. He is a great kid, and sure has a lot of questions about carving, and painting decoys.

Last edited:
Going to Strongsville, I hear it is a great Show, This will be our first time.
We will be selling a few Antique decoys, sporting collectibles and our new book. Pte. Mouillee Shooting Club.
We will be selling out our room. We will also be at Westlake, another great show.

Back