Wis Boz

jim bosanny

My Dad, know to all of you as Wis Boz, died at our cabin Saturday. He wanted to see how our property had changed after it was logged a few years ago. He decided to drive so I jumped on the back. He mistook the gas for the brake and drove us at high speed into the trees. Dad was killed instantly. My injuries are bad but will heal with time. Per his wishes there will be no service or memorial. This forum had become like his second family. You enriched his life beyond anything you can imagine. Please excuse the choppiness of the note. It's a tough one to write. We lost a great one Saturday. Please take a minute and in your own way toast him. Jim Jr.

Jim,

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in your extended family. You father will be missed, he was a good man. I feel blessed to have known him. God bless you and keep you safe.

Thoughts and prayers to your family, I saw it on the news a few minutes ago and was shocked...
I sure did enjoy reading your dad's posts. Every time I went to the in-laws in New Glarus, there was always a part of me that thought, I should go look up Wis Boz down in Monroe. He sure was a special man.

Jim, I am sorry for your loss. He will be sorely missed here. Thoughts and prayers going to your family.

My deepest heart-felt condolences on the loss of your Dad. I hope that his memory will burn bright in your heart and aid you in speeding your recovery!

Jim,

I'm sorry to hear this. I feel honored to have gotten to know "Boz" a little bit over the years as we exchanged notes from time to time. What a great man we have lost here, I feel I was lucky to know him the little bit I did. I will miss his kindness and enthusiasm on the forum.

I wish you the best, both the physical healing and with the loss of your Dad.

Tod

I first met your dad at Lacrosse last fall and was immediately impressed with him. He marched right across the parking lot and introduced himself. It was like old friends meeting again. Your dad was a wonderful man and quite the waterfowler. I enjoyed his stories and experiences greatly. He will be missed and I am very sorry for your loss. He no doubt is playing with all our departed dogs at the Rainbow Bridge.

I too am so sorry to hear Jim. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Your father was one of my favorite posters on here, and surely an inspiration to me, and most likely many others.

I know I am not the only one who will miss seeing his name pop up once in a while.

I have tears running down my cheek as I am writting...

RIP Bosanny.

Jon

Last edited:
Jim, so sorry to hear the shocking news. Wiz was one of a kind. I enjoyed his stories, his experience and hit wit. We have lost a huge part of our community here. But he will not be forgotten. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Last edited:
Jim,
I am so very sorry for your loss. Although I never met him in person I feel like I knew your dad just a little through his many posts here. He was always kind and generous in his comments and that speaks volumes about a man. Our community here is diminished by his passing and he will be missed.
Paul

So sorry for your loss Jim. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your Dad was an inspiration to me and I'm sure many more of us on here. He will be missed.

Jim, no words. Prayers are in my heart. Reading this this morning, I went down to the shop to retrieve your grandfather's Jones hat and shell vest. Your dad sent these to me, though I insisted that someone in the family might want them. He wanted me to have them, so I feel I am part of the family too. I grieve his loss, and pray earnestly that I will see him again. Jim was a generous man, and I am so honored to have known him and to have met him and you. God's love and comfort be in your hearts during this time of mourning. I will cherish the tokens I have of Jim and think of him often.

[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/ddiefend/media/946079_10201072008908657_60223758_n.jpg.html]

Last edited:
Jim~

Like so many on this site, I never had the pleasure of meeting you Dad - but always enjoyed the warmth and character that shone through his posts. I will be another among the many who miss his singular presence.

With heartfelt sadness and best wishes,

SJS

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent from Andy and Mandy in Janesville,WI.
He will be greatly missed. There's just no replacing what those generations did and meant to this country.

Jim

What a tragedy for all of us. I am really sad to hear about your dad's passing. I had a wonderful visit with him in April at his house. He and I enjoyed a few hours discussing waterfowling, woodworking, the Armistice Day storm, and your family. He took me over to a local saw mill so I could pick up a few board feet of southern Wisconsin hardwood. He was as warm and inviting in person as he was on this board. His posts were always lighthearted and friendly. He will be miss by all of us and I'm sure he will be missed by his extended family.

I am glad to hear that your injuries will heal with time. I hope you recover quickly and without any more pain. Best wishes to you and your family.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim -

What a shock to hear. I am so sorry for he loss of your Dad. I had the chance to meet him at one of the LaCrosse gatherings down on Goose Island and found him quite an enjoyable person to be around.

Many prayers from our family to yours.

Mark W

Back