Wisconsin waterfowl season is on the books

wis boz

the season will run Sept. 24 thru Nov 22 in the North Zone; Oct. 1-9 closed for five days-then Oct 15 thru Dec. 4th in the South zone. Mississippi zone Oct.1-7, closed for 7 days then Oct. 15 thru Dec. 6.
60 day season with 6 bird limit. The 6 day limit includes: 4 mallards(one hen), 3 woodies, 1 black duck, 2 redheads, , 2 cans, 3 scaup, and 2 pintails.
wis boz

I didn't think they could set until after the hatch and pond counts... Either way, that is a favorable season !

Phil
the regs are set this year in the spring (April 13) due to change in the federal process which is based on last year's populations and habitat conditions. Brad B might better explain the federal process.
wis boz

Last edited:
I like the new system. Waiting until the last possible minute as has been done in the past was somewhat difficult to work within. If you had to drive and stay somewhere, you never knew when opener was. If you had to work around other commitments, opener could be missed.

Good deal. Now if we can just get WI to move the zone line back to what it used to be. Northern zone closes too early if you ask me.

Mark W

Back