2024 Barnegat Bay Decoy and Gunning Show

Bob~

I will be there with the JAMES CAIRD - a sneakbox that I built with a friend ~30 years ago and restored last summer. Was it Tropical Storm Ophelia that flooded the show ? I was actually just about to pull out of the yard on the Friday morning - with rig in tow - when Ocean County Parks called me and explained the weather. And, a wise member here assured me with these words: "Any fool can just press on. It takes a wise man to know when to shorten sail." So - weather permitting - I hope to see you there!

All the best,

SJS

Bob~

I will be there with the JAMES CAIRD - a sneakbox that I built with a friend ~30 years ago and restored last summer. Was it Tropical Storm Ophelia that flooded the show ? I was actually just about to pull out of the yard on the Friday morning - with rig in tow - when Ocean County Parks called me and explained the weather. And, a wise member here assured me with these words: "Any fool can just press on. It takes a wise man to know when to shorten sail." So - weather permitting - I hope to see you there!

All the best,

SJS
Hi Steve, yes Saturday was cancelled last year due to high winds. I'm fortunate to just have a 45 minute drive to Tuckerton. Hoping to have some table help this year and walk around a bit more. See you there!

Back