A few pics of the season so far

Dave Hughes

The boat grassed up...a 14 foot Schellinger hi-side...with my 7 year old son, Chase, practicing his Brant flagging. The first blood in the new boat..a week old pintail drake me and Chase t My dad, 73 years old, with his grandson, and his first Brant of the season, first day of the New Jersey coastal season. My first Brant limit this year...a few youngsters...my gun only seems to be connecting with babies this year My dad, there's my son again, and his first fully plumed out hooded merganser. thanks for looking, Dave

Dave,

Those two pics of your Dad and Son are great. The one with the Merg should be framed.

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Dave, great pics.........looks like your putting the new rig to good use. Hope this cold weather willl give us a good push of birds on the coast..........Jode

Three man limit of brant

My dad, middle,friend John, front, oldtimers are cold in 50 degree weather. hunting from the boat.

Sunrise over the marsh

Dave - Great pics! I appreciate the legacy shared by your family. May God bless you for it! It seems He already has... Pat

Thanks for sharing those wonderful shots. In particular the ones of your father and son. They are special. Glad you have been doing so well.
Al

Thanks for the comments guys....

Al...I always look forward to your photo essays, they are an inspiration.

Ryan..we got a Pat Gregory decoy for him for Christmas and we blew the picture up and framed it to put it in the box with the decoy...

Pat...thanks a lot for everything..greatly appreciated

Jim..good luck with the brant..

Jodie...hopefully all of the wind and the cold pushed them down...I noticed a lot of the lakes had a thin coat of ice today..I will be out for Coastal Saturday chasing the brant and divers...good luck to you..

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
pics.are great. the pic with your father and friend in the front. are you in there too?. that boat fits three hunters at a time. and plaines easy with three? t.

Yes I was standing by the motor well to take the pitcture..I have three of those hi back camo cushion seats with the swivel four leg bases that Cabelas sells...I have a bad back and my dad and his friend are 73 and 72 so comfort is the name of the game now....the cockpit if I recall is 8 feet long by a little over 3 feet wide..I have had five dozen decoys in there with three people when we go coastal...it will plane out at a little more than half throttle ....I would guess we are going 30-33 MPH with three people...I don't have a GPS but my old aluminum boat would go 28 MPH, it had a speedometer, empty in the summer with me and my dad and this boat is going faster than that loaded up for coastal diver hunting....Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back