blackwater decoys

Did you do a google search for "Blackwater Decoys"?
Found it in 5 seconds flat...

http://www.topratedadventures.com/Mfg/BlackwaterDecoy.htm

yeah i did but it keeps coming up with the general info. the actual site would show all birds, dimensions, and prices. Didnt know if cabelas ruined another decoy brand.. Cant find any used e allens, so i might get some widgeon and gadwals. Just so damn heavy

yeah i did but it keeps coming up with the general info. the actual site would show all birds, dimensions, and prices. Didnt know if cabelas ruined another decoy brand.. Cant find any used e allens, so i might get some widgeon and gadwals. Just so damn heavy

Chester,
Actually, blackwater ruined it themselves. ;)
I have about 70 painted e.allens here that I have at a great price and will be putting it onto the classified section soon. Right now, it's in the "new sale-painted dekes" section of my website.
2nds are also another possibility.
Lou

Last edited:
thanks lou,

I was looking for some a little bit cheaper. That is why i was specifying "used". Cant really swing that much right now. I am wavering on buying unpainted's but dont really have the time. I dont know what happened with blackwater, but with the exception of there decoys being heavy they are tough. I have quite a few, and love em. But thanks again for the info

I pro-staffed for BW from the beginning & still hunt with many of their dekes.

There was a few reasons why they aren't around anymore.

The slump in car sales a few years back put the hurt on them first. Their original shop actually made dash boards, door panels & other molded car parts. When that plant closed, they moved to another but never got the momentum that they started off with.

And of course with any small business venture, you have partners that when things get alittle rough take it out on each other.

All were great guys to work with during that time & still call a few of them friends.

When you find the used ones, there's a couple things you need to do.

First, power wash all the paint off the dekes then call Lou & get yourself a load of his paints.

Second, clean up the exposed metal on the keels then seal them with 5200. If the water hasn't gotten between the metal & plastic, it eventually will & detroy the keel.

From the beginning I said those keels were a bad idea & I was right!!!

The E. Allens are the same type of deke that seems to hold the paint much better.

Good Luck!!!

Back