Dare to look?

Al Hansen

The pups are now 2 1/2 weeks old and entering a new phase in their lives. Both Salsa and Pepper have been very busy and doing a great job of taking care of their litters. As for us, one day seems to float right by and into the next.
Yes, we are busy but it sure is fun.
Al

IMG_7821_zps3c0d9ce6.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7820_zps989fb5a5.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7597_zps8897339f.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7854_zps2ff5e070.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7861_zpsa48223be.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7811_zps4d050a93.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_7838_zps91d96ba7.jpg
[/URL]

The chocolate male with the collar on was the 1st one who figured out how to get out of the whelping box yesterday so we marked him. There is a duck hunter in Albuquerque who might be interested in him since he has first pick.

IMG_7806_zps523b8c2e.jpg
[/URL]

I hope you liked the shots.

IMG_7862_zpsab9a75c2.jpg
[/URL]

Nice pictures. Makes me miss our pups that left last month. I was only going to do it once with this dog but it was so much fun with the grand kids that we might do it again in a year. Then maybe keep one of the pups for ourselves. Keep the pictures coming.

Your killing me Al. In the beginning with Lucy we said NO she's going to be fixed. Then we didn't mention it. Now she's 10 mos. and Vickie said just a minute ago "shouldn't we let her have one litter? I am a sucker for puppies.

Nice pictures. Makes me miss our pups that left last month. I was only going to do it once with this dog but it was so much fun with the grand kids that we might do it again in a year. Then maybe keep one of the pups for ourselves. Keep the pictures coming.

Nothing quite like being smitten by the puppy bug. I know what you are saying, Keith. We are waiting on a list of names from our grandkids in Appleton, WI, for the pups.
Al

Your killing me Al. In the beginning with Lucy we said NO she's going to be fixed. Then we didn't mention it. Now she's 10 mos. and Vickie said just a minute ago "shouldn't we let her have one litter? I am a sucker for puppies.

Well in less than a year I expect to be looking at this site and seeing puppy pics with Lucy. Heck, I'll bet you'll even have fun finding the right sire for her---who knows? Speaking of pictures, Ed, do you have any recent shots of Lucy? How is she doing so far?
Al

Al, Beautiful pups, you are making it hard on some of us out here. Not that we are in the market but they are sure cute. Down south the ultimate compliment for a young lady was "Cute as a speckled pup", I would change that to a yeller pup.

Great looking pups.
Do you let the two litters get together and play?

Nothing grabs you by the heart than the face of a puppy! When I get a new pup I always have to deal with an inner battle of wanting them to stay a little puppy and wanting them to be big enough to take on the hunt. They're a puppy for a such a short time.

Al, Beautiful pups, you are making it hard on some of us out here. Not that we are in the market but they are sure cute. Down south the ultimate compliment for a young lady was "Cute as a speckled pup", I would change that to a yeller pup.

Hey, Tom, I like that saying! Here is a picture for you. This light yellow male was 3 weeks old yesterday when I took the picture.
Al

IMG_8261_zpsb1f52a5d.jpg
[/URL]

Great looking pups.
Do you let the two litters get together and play?

Carl, before I forget, I just wanted you to know I really like your disclaimer. Well done and it seems to cover everything that is deemed necessary!
No, I haven't but the thought is there. Pepper is a bit on the protective side when it comes to mothering---that proverbial "mother hen syndrome". It sure would be fun to see. I might have to do that for some pictures when the girls are outside running around for a few minutes.
Al

Nothing grabs you by the heart than the face of a puppy! When I get a new pup I always have to deal with an inner battle of wanting them to stay a little puppy and wanting them to be big enough to take on the hunt. They're a puppy for a such a short time.

You are so right, Tom. I guess that is one reason I like to take so darn many pictures of them. Let's see, how many years can a lab remain a puppy in the chewing stage?
Al

Al I can almost smell the puppy breath.

the gang is looking good!

Thanks, Doug. It looks like this coming Monday they will graduate to the big kennel. That sure will seem strange to not hear them in the house.
Al

Back