Dog food recomendations?

Neal Haarberg

So I have been feeding my dog Blue Buffalo dog food. Which is the same I fed my last dog. The only problem is that with this one she takes a bite, walks around and drops the smaller black kibble all over the place. I need to change her food to something with kibble that is all the same size so I don't step on in the morning on the kitchen floor! So I am looking for recommendations on food. Currently I am getting her food at Petco but am not stuck on going there, but it is convenient. So lets here what you are feeding and why?

Funny, I just switched my youngest lab to blue buffalo. She does not do the lab 'eat and walk' thing that the other one does. Think Merrick might be at the same level and petco carries that. Have not used it though.

Neal, if your dog likes the food and all, maybe change where you feed it.

Or put your damned boots on so you can tamp the kibble better.

I've always fed my hounds Kirkland lamb and Rice in the 40 lb green bags.

The kibble is all uniform, and the dogs eat it up.

Last edited:
We have our dogs on Kirkland lamb and or chicken dry dog foods that we get at Costco in ABQ. We have had no problems whatsoever. No dyes in the food and it is ranked well. Best thing of all is that the dogs love it.
Al

I have had mine on Pro Plan performace or chicken and rice (in the off season/summer). The only real difference in the two is the fat protein content. He is 8 years old now and, knock on wood, healthy as can be. He loves the food, always has. Plus it's available at petco/petsmart

So I have been feeding my dog Blue Buffalo dog food. Which is the same I fed my last dog. The only problem is that with this one she takes a bite, walks around and drops the smaller black kibble all over the place. I need to change her food to something with kibble that is all the same size so I don't step on in the morning on the kitchen floor!

My dog is also on blue buffalo & does the same thing with the "savory life bits." She chews up the regular-sized kernels and leaves the little black ones all over the floor. Other than that I am happy with the food.

I feed both of my Drahts (4yr old and 4 mos old) Pro Plan Performance year round. Coats are awesome, dogs love it and
stools are small and solid! There isn't a dog bowl with a finish on it in my house!

Doug

I switched to Pro Plan after my 6 month old was diagnosed with Panosteitis. She was on Eukanuba and since the switch, I couldn't be happier. I use Pro Plan Puppy and I mix in a little over a handfull of the Pro Plan select sensitive skin to keep her coat nice.

Back