Ducker Layout blind.

Kyle Hauck

So over a year ago I purchased the Ascend Blind from Cabela's based on the measurement similarities to the Ducker.

With moving into a new house last labor day I neglected to do anything prior to last duck season. I had one of my best duck hunting buddies in town from Saskatchewan this last weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday. Sunday while reflecting upon lots of past hunts together I remembered I had the blind and knew if anyone could appreciate it with me it would be him.

Out of the box, it went together very quickly and is very comfortable to lay in. When tightening it up front to back it became evident that the square sewing on the blind to match the boat did not sit steadily on the pointed end of the ducker. After a little discussion we took a couple of the extra straps designed for the boat it was intended for and wrapped one left to right, and another right to left, both of them rigged off of some stubble straps.

Once these were in place the blind cinched down great from front to back and didn't slip from the back of the boat. My only modifications as of current are to add some small pieces of wood on the feet so I don't have small 3/4" pressure points at 4 places on the boat. I'm also looking at either adding a flap at the back for my dog, or to add a small blind on the back deck for my dog. Although if I complete my double ducker I might just let my dog sit in the other ducker.

Unfortunately, I apologize as I neglected to take pictures before I left to be on the road for work. So for now, these stock pictures will have to wet your appetites for curiosity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240820-210559.png
    Screenshot_20240820-210559.png
    471.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240820-210605.png
    Screenshot_20240820-210605.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240820-210610.png
    Screenshot_20240820-210610.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 6
Back