Ducks Unlimited migration map...

Ed L.

Supporter
The migration map is a neat idea but as anything on the net take it with a grain of salt. Knowing this area and how dry it is right now, I was reading the first report and agreed with the writers assessment. Then I started reading the second report and about blew coffee all over the computer screen! Who looks at this thing and how sarcastic are the reports in your area?

migrationmap.jpg

Not sure what this means, but being an internet junky and a duck nut, I check local websites for bird watchers and waterfowlers pretty much daily. Almost invariably the observations on the bird watching list serves are right on the money and can be used to predict hunting conditions with some accuracy, while the reports on the duck hunting sites (other than this one, of course) are pretty much useless.

Don't tell my birding friends . . . . . .I don't want them to stop posting.

I got the DU app on my phone and read it for entertainment purposes only. A couple weeks back I was hunting a slough where just the day before some guy wrote about how bad the hunting was. I read this after I shot a full limit of ducks and saw many many more flying all over the place. Me thinks there may be ulterior motives for some of the postings......

Mark W

Back