For Sale - Cork Canvasback Drakes

Scott O.

Three old style cork Canvasback drakes. Wooden head, glass eyes. Wooden bottom board and keel

$25 each plus actual shipping (or pickup in SE) Mich

As always, I am open to trades and of course, your purchase includes one Genuine Original Fake Artificial Paper Mache Corn Decoy :)

View attachment canvasbacks.jpg

Last edited:
I have a total of 20 of these decoys. For all of the carvers that we have on this site, I thought someone might want to take these guys to the next level of art and detail. They are big with plenty of "meat" on their bones just dyin' for a skilled carver to make them look like MLBob or Pat Gregory decoys.

I am all for cool old vintage decoys but these could also be viewed as big blocks of cork that have been "started" but not finished.

Just a thought...I'm feelin' rejected at this point ... 644 views and nobody's even giving me any crap about the Can paintjob???

:)

So heres another brilliant idea...lets have some fun with a contest and then an auction.

I'll send one each of these things to 5 carvers...Pat G. and MLBob get first dibs if they want it because I used their names in vain above. Otherwise, its first come first serve...but you have to come thru.

Those five people can then carve their art into these blocks and Eric can auction them in support of the Lee Harker fund. All I ask is the cost of shipping to cover at least some of my original cost. And we can take that out of the eventual auction price so its not a drain on anyone now. IF that is agreeable to Eric...

Sound reasonable?

Back