Gun Cleaning

Andrew L.

Inevitabley while snow goose hunting in Arkansas my gun got full of their famous clay. The first day I managed to stick my barrell in the ground on a sneak. Trying to fix the problem so I could shoot I took the choke out and cleaned as best as possbile and out the choke back in. I was able to get the choke out but now my problem now is that the clay is just about concrete around the threads of the barrell where the choke is to be screwed back in.

Any ideas how to break up the clay in the threads of the barrel? Scrubbing with the wire brush and oil has done nothing.

Thanks.

Take the barrel off and start with as hot as you can get from the spicket water in the tub. Use tooth brush and wire brush. Advance to boiling water.

tbrom has it.
After a salty day of sea-duck hunting, I usually take a nice hot shower with my 870 before I take it down and clean it.
-

tbrom has it.
After a salty day of sea-duck hunting, I usually take a nice hot shower with my 870 before I take it down and clean it.
-
A man, His gun and a hot shower. Isn't love grand?

I must admit, I to have just soaked in striaght hot water in tub to get salt and brackish mud out. The Gun that is:)

Gene

Back