Hearing protection for kids

Tom Barb

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great holiday and I’m digging the new site. My 2 boys are getting to the age where they want to tag along on some trips. Still too young to handle a firearm, but they’re anxious to get out with Dad.

I am looking for some good electronic hearing protection for them. Something they can hear the sounds around them and me talking, but will suppress the sound of a firearm.

What do you guys recommend?

My old man has been wearing the walkers game ears ear muffs for a couple years and been happy with them. Not sure if they make a youth size or not

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great holiday and I’m digging the new site. My 2 boys are getting to the age where they want to tag along on some trips. Still too young to handle a firearm, but they’re anxious to get out with Dad.

I am looking for some good electronic hearing protection for them. Something they can hear the sounds around them and me talking, but will suppress the sound of a firearm.

Howard leight muffs fit kids and they hold up very well to the wet environment duck hunting.

My 13 year old daughter has tried just about every earmuff imaginable in a reasonable price range over the last two years. She has decided she likes these walker razor electronic muffs the best. She mostly keeps them “off” but does turn them on if there is some chatter in the blind or if she wants to listen for birds. It’s been a long journey to find a pair she likes!IMG_2085.jpeg

I would probably go with Howard Leight. They use AAA batteries and they are adjustable. I use them, so the kids can grow into them. I tried Pro Ear Revo for my kids, which used four 1.5v batteries. The Pro Ears may have changed now, but the 1.5v batteries are not easy to get or cheap. They are also too small for the "kids" now (10 years later), and not really adjustable. Good job on getting protection.

Howard leight muffs fit kids and they hold up very well to the wet environment duck hunting.
This is what I use. After a half day they complain their ears hurt from the muffs, but not sure I wouldn't be doing the same if I had them on

Back