Lake Contour map App

Mark W

I have used the Navionics App (Now called Boating USA) for er. Started out free and then slowly started charging money. First time is was a one time fee of $5. And then fees just kept coming. They now charge $50/year and the functionality has gone way down.

I'm looking for a replacement. I use it when fishing to get depths and contours, use when boating for depth purposes, and use it for hunting when I follow a previous track.

Any suggestions on a replacement? Don't mind spending the money, just want something that is going to work.

I think at least one of the depth sounder manufacturers offers an app. So far as I know there is no link to lake depth maps, but I've been very happy with the GAIA GPS app for access to topo maps, marine charts (though the new version of NOAA charts really have lost of detail--thanks to NOAA, not GAIA), satellite images, and property ownership information. It's about $50 a year. There must be something out there for lake depths.

I think at least one of the depth sounder manufacturers offers an app. So far as I know there is no link to lake depth maps, but I've been very happy with the GAIA GPS app for access to topo maps, marine charts (though the new version of NOAA charts really have lost of detail--thanks to NOAA, not GAIA), satellite images, and property ownership information. It's about $50 a year. There must be something out there for lake depths.
I've been looking. So have a couple of buddies who are in the, uh, same boat so to spreak.

I have been using the Navionics Boating app. have it on my Cell Phone works great. it was $27.00 last year. It's the same as the Captan program also have it on a little Garman I got for $400.00 when you zoom in on either one it gives depth soundings and contours. It has all the lakes in Maine on it and I believe it comes in Northeast U.S. / Southeast / Midwest / West and the like .

Back