lil garvey

john kuhn

hey guys, got bored with building sneakboxes so i tried something a little different. its 10 1/2 long, 4 wide at the transom, 2 wide at the bow and 11 inches up the sides. 1/8 5052 aluminum plate.
lilgarvey2.jpg

lilgarvey1.jpg

lilgarvey.jpg

very nice! im actually currently fiberglassing a boat just like that that i started last year i wanted the extra stability of the flat bottom and the ability to go in very shallow water. mine is about 12 feet long and about 4 1/2 feet wide. cant wait to use her this season! what kind of motor you gonna put on it?

Nice hull, love the lines.
If I was a one-man operation, I would love to have it!

thanks for the kind words guys. this one was something i have been thinkin about for awhile. the next one will be 12' long and maybe a little taller. perfect little boat for a small lake, stream or marsh.

very nice! im actually currently fiberglassing a boat just like that that i started last year i wanted the extra stability of the flat bottom and the ability to go in very shallow water. mine is about 12 feet long and about 4 1/2 feet wide. cant wait to use her this season! what kind of motor you gonna put on her. i have a little 2hp mariner and a 9.9 johnson. gonna try them both when i get it water ready.

im almost ready to get it wet! hopefuly monday i can water test it. cockpit combing is almost done and so is the motor bracket.
lilg3.jpg

lilg2.jpg

lilg1.jpg

lilg.jpg

John,

I have followed your other builds with interest. Your latest design is great. You are moving to my dream “small” boat design.

The below could be multi-season craft. The seats could be (re)moveable - drift boat type; and, a decked top could be added for duck hunting. I have contacted DK plans, and aluminum is a compatible material for the design. Both designs also come in 11ft. versions. The Bateau has a wider beam.

http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=GV10

http://www.boatplans.dk/boat_plans.asp?id=47

Any thoughts for the future?

Looks like you have a winner there John. Can't wait to see it on the water.

Back