Long Island Duck/Goose Hunting

Anthony Fata

Hello Fellow Hunters,
My Name is Anthony and I live out on the east end of long island. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on hunting the east end. I am new to the waterfowl scene for this area. I will be out of school finally and will be able to dedicate a lot of time to the hunts. If there is any information you gentleman/ladies could enlighten me with that would be much appreciated. Looking for any field and water advice of any kind. I just want to better myself as a hunter and trying to learn the tricks of the trade and one day pass them on to a future generation.

Thank you all

Last edited:
Anthony,

Her are three guide services on Long Island.East Coast Waterfowlers 631 445 8001 The Guide is a NYS Trooper and outstanding Guide.

RedHead Guide Service, Red Oster 240 Sayville, NY 631 834 0970. Red is a friend of mine and is as good as it gets for Sea Duck Hunting and the whole spectrum of waterfowling on Long Island.

Both have excellent reputations.

Knock em Down Guide Service Long Island is new to the scene, and I'm not familar with their operation, their telephone number is 631 929 5566.

Let us know how you make out next Duck and Goose Season On LI

Hi Anthony-while I am from NJ and don't and never have hunted Long Island, I do have a friend that has a marina in Hampton Bays and many of his buddies have been duck hunters. If you have the coin to take guided trips after just finishing school that is great, but if you don't, like I didn't in my early 20's, then you have to make your own fun. I would think that there are some public options for you, and by poking around in likely spots you are going to be able to find some access and maybe even someone that will let you hunt their property. I hunted wherever I could find that was legal, and learned right off that sometimes there is some good stuff right around the corner. You have to be resourceful! And start saving for a boat if you don't already have one, I think that will open up more opportunities than anything else. You are definitely in some good country for what you want to do.

Yeah you are correct no boat and money is very slim right now. the biggest problem i am having for my area is you need a permit through the town for shore and blind hunts. if your on a boat it is different but boats cost money, school cost more money ha. I am going to start to save up for sure and take a look at some local public spots and hopefully find a couple nice ones. thanks for the info greg, and out of curiosity do you know the name of the marina your buddy owns.

i swear i was not drinking when i wrote this sorry guys, yeah i looked up the public land pass and got that squared away. I also found a place fairly close to my house that i will try to scout this summer. Thanks for the info

Back