Mac's "new" duck boat.

Yukon Mike

I made a one sheet skiff years ago just because, and used it a few times to haul gear on a walk in, but its been sitting for at least 4 years. Me and Mac got looking at it and decided to fix it up, add a floor, and repaint it for him. I guess it is a coffin box really. It works great for him poling in the grass or with a kayak paddle. Easy to load into the big boat and light enough for him to drag by himself. I want to add some keelsons for durability and maybe a couple of strap handles. If a battery isn't too heavy I'll let him hang an electric troller on it this weekend - I bet he'll like that. Great for shallow water.

View attachment DSCF2337.jpg

View attachment DSCF2382.jpg

View attachment DSCF2385.jpg

View attachment DSCF2416.jpg

View attachment DSCF2411.jpg

View attachment DSCF2337.jpg
View attachment DSCF2382.jpg
View attachment DSCF2385.jpg
View attachment DSCF2416.jpg
View attachment DSCF2411.jpg

Be proud! The values and ideals that you are passing down now will make him a great man someday. I will never forget those hunts with my father and cherish them every time I hit the water. Thanks for bringing those memories back a little early this year!

Hey Mike - That looks really neat and I am sure Mack loves his new craft!

BTW - Don't forget to have Mack wear a PFD

Thats fantastic Mike!!!! Mac will remember that boat his whole life...

I remember when I was about Mac's age my dad procured me a 12' vee bottom jon and a 4hp evinrude and cut me loose on the lake we lived on. I learned a lot fooling around in that boat, not the least of which was quit fishing when there is a tornado coming.....

Congratulations Mac on your boat. You gonna name her? Mike, looks like a great project and starter boat. Have fun, be safe and enjoy.

Thanks guys.

Andrew, I got the plans off a site called the One Sheet Skiff - the whole boat comes of one sheet of plywood.

Nick, thanks for the reminder. I only let him go without it in water he can stand up in.

Josh, Mac was looking at pictures of somebody's sneakbox build and he's thinking know that me and him should build two. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Mike

Josh, Mac was looking at pictures of somebody's sneakbox build and he's thinking know that me and him should build two. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Mike

Indeed it would!!!! DO IT!!!!

Mike if you ever decide to build a sneak box, I have been collecting material and have at least four plans so far. What is missing is the actual step by step building. The plans expect you are a knowledgeable boat builder and leave out details that they assume you know. I am building a model and trying to fill in the blanks so far it has been two steps forward and one step back. If you go forward with it there is a wealth of experienced builders on this site.

You have got to be one of the coolest dads in the world!!! I bet that is one happy young man. Question is who is having more fun? Him playing in the boat or you watching him????

Watch out Mike! There's a goose sneaking up on you. (Last picture, bottom left)

Nice boat. I'm sure Mac is proud as can be with it.

Joe Lane

Back