More Gray Ducks

Craig F

I guess along with the rest of the country we're seeing an influx of gadwalls this season and I am not complaining!

Got out this afternoon and this pair stooled in perfectly, the drake is a stud.

GrayDucks2.jpg

GrayDucks1.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
That is an amazing looking gadwal that is still on the list for this year! Good luck with the last week!!

Thanks Wesley, I have a prior commitment for the last Saturday so with the forecast cold weather for the second half of the week I might play hooky one day.
[/font]

I've killed a lot of gadwalls, well over 200 since I started hunting Mobile Bay back in 1997, and that drake you have there wouldeasily be in my top 5!
What a stud, he's a mounter!

I'm kicking myself because in the last two weeks I had amazing specimens of drake black ducks, mallards, gadwall and wigeon to do a puddle duck hunter's dream dead mount. Still waiting on that bull sprig though.

Closeup of the feather detail on that bird.

Gadwallfeathers.jpg

Last edited:
I am in the same boat, I've never killed a bull sprig, or widgeon. Heck, haven't even seen or shot either at either in the last 5 seasons...
Glad you are having a good season!

I've been hunting since my dad started taking me at 8 and I'm 29 now and I've shot two pintails, both singles, both hens...

Last edited:
Back