Most unlikely place you have seen waterfowl....

Dwight Harley

....and Canada geese on office park ponds don't count.

I'd be interested in hearing what the rest of you think.
I'll start:
Yesterday I saw three blue wings on the Wal-Mart parking lot retention pond.

Hen Mallard and her clutch birthed in the middle of Park Ave and 70th St. in NYC. This is now the third year I have awaited Suzie and her little chicks. She keeps on coming back.

Sterny

I saw a female Canada goose sitting on top of a barn silo like a pigeon this past spring.

It was breeding season and there were 2 males down on the ground just beating the tar out of each other. I guess that was the only place she could get some peace.

I saw a female Canada goose sitting on top of a barn silo like a pigeon this past spring.

It was breeding season and there were 2 males down on the ground just beating the tar out of each other. I guess that was the only place she could get some peace.

Hen Mallard and her clutch birthed in the middle of Park Ave and 70th St. in NYC. This is now the third year I have awaited Suzie and her little chicks. She keeps on coming back.

Sterny

Are they there now? Seems a bit late, but I did see some fuzzy youngsters on the water here last week.

I will be in NYC on Monday and Tuesday and would love to see that for myself.

Nope. This year, DEP showed up and scooped the bunch up. they were fairly unprofessional. They lost 3 of the 7 chicks to traffic. They were somehow unwilling to scoop them up agressively. It would have put a lot less stress on the birds instead of the 2 hour chase around the neighborhood. If you are in NYC and want to see some ducks, Central Park gets migrators. And believe it or not, the Childrens Zoo inside the park has great gamebirds to see. I have seen Harliquin, Barrows, Teal, Blue Pheaseant.... I go there with my kids and we all love it.

David

I don't know about the Turkey, but my friend found a dead Woodcock on the sidewalk in front of his building one night.

On top of the greenhouse, a whole flock of geese. Not some little greenhouse, but a 13 acre range. Landed, walked around honking and pooping (I had a nice view of that from below) and then they must have realized there was nothing to eat and took off. Darndest thing I have ever seen!

2nd strangest place...inside the greenhouse. 3 mallards this spring. They flew in the vents just as it was starting to rain, computer's rain sensors kicked in, vents closed (to keep the rain out) and the ducks were trapped inside.

I saw a pair of Canada geese nesting on the top of a 15 story building at the Foothills Health Center in Calgary last spring.

NDR, but there are two Stone Sheep rams that live at the gun range here in town. They actually lay down out by the 500 yd silo's.

Mike

1> lone drake woodduck standing in a puddle about 3 feet in diameter and about 2 inches deep on the side of the road.
( he looked really confused if thats possible )

2> 4 mallards pitch into a drainage ditch in the middle of a shopping center under construction as we were leaving
( guy in passenger seat asked me what time I was comming back )

Not waterfowl but how about a gobbler in my apartment complex.
huntingpics095.jpg

Nesting canadas on top of towers of a railroad bridge over the Snake river and nesting geese on the cliffs along the river. A drake redhead in the ditch on a road leading into New Orleans back when Denver got their a$$ whipped by Dallas. Does that age me?

Back