Mudmotor Opinions??!!...

Ted Kuhn

Anyone have any opinions on the shortail motors on the market? Mudbuddy Hyperdrive, Pro-Drive or Gatortail?

Thanks

They are all heavy, hard on transoms and faster than a longtail. I know a couple of people happy with their Mud Buddy motors and I have seen of a lot of people on the internet who are happy with their Pro Drives too. I haven't heard much about Gatortail. When you pick a motor just make sure that the local motor mech. for the one you pick is someone you can deal with. The one in Redding is a jerk, I'm just happy to have found another repair shop who can still help me out with my Kohler.

Good luck,
Vick

BTW, I have a 27 Kohler Mud Buddy long tail and love it. If you don't have far to go or have to race anyone, the long tails are alot cheaper and lighter.

i dont have one but i have hunted out of boats with longtails and surfacedrives. longtails are much lighter but hou will enjoy the speed of a surface drive. i am only familar with mud budys and havent heard of any problems directly. if you plan to hunt out of your boat the shortails have shorter handles and allow more room in the boat but there hard on your transom. the godevil website has some pros and cons to the shortail vs. longtail debate.

Back