My biggest fish ever! And another first...

Dani

Gold Sponsor
sooooooo after much recon between a friend and I, I grabbed a dozen blue crabs and off I went bull redfishing. Unfortunately, my friend was unable to join me but I talked and persuaded another friend who also has a boat to take me big red fishing. I have all the info and bait, just not the boat or gear and I wanted to give it a try.

Soooo after two weeks of persuading he finally agreed and said lets go this weekend. We got out there and let our baits soak, chatted awhile, watched fwc chase people around and then finally I get a strong tug and whhheeeeeeeee there goes my drag. After a 10 minute fight, I got him to the boat and we got him in. What a pig!!! Weighed in 30 lbs and we figure around 35 inches or so.

Towards the end of the day, I got another tug and this one HAULED ARSE! No stopping this dude...ended up snapping the line clean in two. But what a day!!!!

redfishing083009004a.jpg

"TOO KEWL FER SCHOOL".....

That is sooo neat....congratulations on not only the fish but on figuring it out without having someone take you to the "secret spot"......

YOU ROCK KID....now go back and catch the one that broke you off....

Steve

Great Dani,
Must have been a blast fighting that sucker. Too bad about the big one though. Go get that one now.

Congrats on a great fish Dani! I don't think you could have dreamed up a prettier looking big Red, those spots on the tail are really neat.

Tim

Cool fish. Looks like you had a great day on the water and added a fish to the day.

Nice job!

Tight Lines ... Fred

Thanks guys! I can't wait to try and get out and do it again.....

Wiz-
yup they're eatable and sooooooooo very tasty and delicious. However, you're allowed one per day, per person and they must be between 18" and 27" in order to keep them.

and know of her "tendancy" to exit them unexpectedly.....

You looking to feed her to the sharks with the suggestion that she actually try to "multi-task" in a kayak?

All I can say to that one is she'd be "clean" given the amount of time she'd be spending IN the water instead of ON it....

Steve

hey, i trust you gave that one a beso and released it---FYI Elvin capped a 55 kilo capybara on the river, while bob and i were shooting widgeon teal and sprig. he was one happy hombre for sure!!
Went out to do the marsh thing this morning--teal opens wednesday--saw a few bwt---TONS of new growth on the place--millet, smartweed, three square, giant millet,mallow---hope the ducks take advantage of the new goodies!

Jim-

I've checked out their website and forums. I've never met up with any of the folk there, but a friend sent me a link to check the jaxkayak group out. Sounds like a neat group of people. Do you post there?

Dani

I haven't posted there but I follow whats going on in that area. Jax Kayak fishing had a tourney in the spring that had over 400 yaks entered i believe.

I like that part of the North Fla and Georgia coasts. I belong to the Georgia Kayak Fishing club.
Lake Lanier is close to me and there is a good group of guys catching some nice stripers and spotted bass here.

I've used my yaks a couple of times in Mosquito Lagoon. I really like that area.

Jim

Dani has an old and dear friend named James Miller.....I mistook your name for his hence the "familiar" line....

Steve

What sorts of yaks do you have? I went and tried the Malibu Stealth out...that looks to be a really cool set up for a kayak. And it's stable...

As Steve is only so quick to point out, I have a tendency to spend time in the water instead of the boat...and not purposefully. HEY! I can't help that I'm graceless... My dad has two CLC kayaks that he's built that are great, but not very great for fishing (since I like to take a lot of STUFF)...one of these days I'll give fishing a try in a kayak that has much more space. But that entire area is beautiful and there's so many places to go fish...for sure...

(snicker) And when you do, dear girl, make sure Im there.

With a camera.

The "twofer" day was classic Danibeth

teheheheh

Again, Great Fish

Four days till rail season.

>> The other James Miller

Last edited:
Dani, Very nice,, do they eat as good as my alfalfa fed elk tenderloins????

Hope all is good with you down in Fla.

Fred

James-

What would be the point? You were there with a camera on the last boat I flipped in your presence...TWICE. Neither time did you bother with the camera....bwahahaha

And Fred-

That redfish eats just as deliciously as your elk....mmmmmmm goood.

Back